Sign in to follow this  
Spitfire76

PX4 Developers Summit

6 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

Did you watch any of it?

Actually I have more experience with the Ardupilot flight stack than PX4 but thought it would be interesting to watch them and so yes I have watched quite a few and I am currently watching the one on UAVCAN. 

Ive been to a couple of these.  Aurdupilot and PX4 used to be the same thing.  Lorenze is an interesting guy.  

7 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

Aurdupilot and PX4 used to be the same thing

Yes, I believe that was back when 3DR were still involved with DIY. My understanding is that the licensing is also no longer same. Ardupilot uses the GPL licensing and PX4 uses BSD licensing. The difference is that with GPL any contribution to the code has to be shared whereas with the BSD version that PX4 is using it does not and its why its favored by companies like Yuneec. 

8 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

Lorenze is an interesting guy.

He recently founded https://auterion.com which like RedHat is for enterprise Linux they provide enterprise PX4 software. They received $10M in seed funding last year.

After watching all the sessions this has to be my favorite. Its a Russian company that focuses on using drones in education and it looks like that they have done a fantastic job. Warning this video is very long but if you are interested in using drones in education its really worth the time.