erfan

Assigning a channel for landing gear or tilting camera

Hello 
Does anyone know how to use the aux out channels  (from 1 till 6 aux out)on the pixhawk ? 

I need to use two or three of them to do specific function  (for example to assign it for tilting a servo, landing gear,tilting camera, taking photo) all these need to be done using some switches on the transmitter .

I am using X8R receiver and frsky transmitter X9D plus .

I tried to change servo*_function to Rc Thru or landing gear , but it didn't work.

Could you please help me to find out how to define this function ? 

Thanks
@Spitfire76

Edited by erfan

5 hours ago, erfan said:

tried to change servo*_function to Rc Thru or landing gear , but it didn't work.

I know that the its possible as I had configured retractable landing gear on a HexCopter. Initially I just had the landing gear control connected directly to a channel on the X8R receiver and so manually controlled by a switch on the X9D but later connected it to the first AUX port of the Pixhawk so that the landing gear would automatically deploy on a RTH. I'll check my notes on how I did that. 

This is a good place to start

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-servo.html

So firstly there are 6 aux outputs that output 2 types of signaling,  either "servo" or relay. Servo would be used when the device that you want to control uses PWM input and relay when it requires just 0/3.3 volt input. You can change this combination of servo/relay allocation of those 6 outputs with the parameter BRD_PWM_COUNT. Also consider these parms

SERVOx_FUNCTION where x is 9 to 14 for AUX 1 to 6 respectively. This parameter will determine what function is performed.

CHx_OPT where x is the channel number from the receiver. This will determine what function is performed when the PWM is above 1800.

I recall for my retractable landing gear that was connected to the first aux port I set these as follows.

SERVO9_FUNCTION 29

CH9_OPT 29 (Channel 9 on the radio is mapped to a switch)

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Spitfire76 said:

I recall for my retractable landing gear that was connected to the first aux port I set these as follows.

SERVO9_FUNCTION 29

CH9_OPT 29 (Channel 9 on the radio is mapped to a switch)

That All seem good to me I will try that as well.

I tried another way and it is working  now .

I changed the ServoX_Function  (from 9=AUX1 till 14)  to 1 which is passThru

then I defined a switch on the transmitter for each channel .

then I powered the servos on the pixhawk by using a power back up to the main out number 7 or 8 .

in this way the servo has power and can function.

then I connected the servo on the AUX 1-4 

and all worked well. 

My problem was I was not giving the servo on the pixhawk the enough power.

What do you think of this way?

@Spitfire76

6 hours ago, erfan said:

My problem was I was not giving the servo on the pixhawk the enough power.

What do you think of this way?

Yes, you need to have an external BEC or ESC with a built in BEC in one of the output ports to provide enough power for the servos.

6 hours ago, erfan said:

I changed the ServoX_Function  (from 9=AUX1 till 14)  to 1 which is passThru

If I recall you can do this but since you are simply passing the signal from the receiver to the AUX output you may as well just connect the receiver directly to the servo. For example in the case of retractable landing gear I wanted to have the flight controller deploy it when performing a RTH but at the same time I wanted to have a switch on my Taranis also be able to deploy it manually.

• Like 1