Christopher Pratt

Hello from Manhattan Beach California (Los Angeles Area)

Hello UAV Coach Forum,

My name is Chris Pratt, but I'm not the Hollywood celebrity of Guardians of the Galaxy or Jurassic World fame (sorry Star Lord fans). Maybe "Star Lord" could be my "handle" if the drone industry works like military fighter pilots? hee hee  Recently I sold my business and plan to travel the world for about 10 months with my family. My hope is to learn drone photography and document our travels with awesome photographs and video. I have no professional photography or aircraft flight experience. About a month ago I purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More Kit. I've been flying around my house in Manhattan Beach, CA and yesterday took my drone out of "Beginner Mode" so that I could fly it down the street a little ways. Does anyone have experience doing international travel with a Mavic 2 Pro? I don't want the thing confiscated at the airport. A little online research shows that the batteries may be considered a risk.

Looking forward to learning about this cool industry.

Chris

Hi @Christopher Pratt,

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum! Traveling the world with your family and your drone sounds like a great trip. The Mavic 2 Pro is a great drone and its compact size will be great for traveling. Drone laws vary from country to country. Some countries are drone friendly and others are not so drone friendly. Feel free to check out our Drone Laws Guide for additional information: https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws/ 

If you want to learn more about drone photography, feel free to check out our Capturing Images Like a Pro Guide: https://uavcoach.com/drone-photography/

I hope this helps! 

- Chase