Rongi Langham

Greetings from Nashille TN

Good morning everyone my name is Rongi and I am interested in working as a drone pilot in the near future. I recently separated from the Air Force and during my time there I did a lot of research on the growing UAV job market here in the US. I am very interested in learning everything that I can about the types of jobs that UAVs can do and hopefully one day create my own company. I guess you can consider me a newbie in the civilian field but I was a Senor Operator on the MQ-9 Reaper while I was in the Air Force and I have got a fair amount of experience with UAVs. If anyone has any advice on the best flight training UAV for beginners and study tips for the Part 107 test I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Hi @Rongi Langham,

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum and thank you for your service! The drone job market is growing in the U.S. There are so many opportunities it can be difficult to focus on all of the different applications. If you want more information about drone jobs, feel free to checkout our UAV/Drone Jobs Guide. As far as a good starter drone, the Mavic Air or the Spark would be a great choice. You really cannot go wrong with any of the DJI drones. Although the Mavic Air and Spark are not designed for professional applications, they are a good entry level drone. My tips for test taking would be to make sure you understand the concepts and to not try to memorize the questions. There are different versions of the exam and the FAA may word questions differently to make sure you understand the concepts.  If you have anymore questions, please let us know. 

Best, 

- Chase