60 year "Young" man wanting to start new and interesting career

Hello everyone. My name is Peter J. Sabo. I live in Oklahoma City, OK. I've been interested in aviation and flying  for too many years.  I would like to learn more about this amazing and, semi-new venture of drones and the commercial end of it.

I know there is a website called: Drone Pilot Ground School. I have investigated this program and it looks like it'll be up my area of interest.  I know there are a wide range of UAS/drones available. I'm thinking of starting small and gradually graduating to a more advance set up.  

I look forward to becoming a commercial UAS/Drone pilot. I would probably start working for someone and then form my own company.

Hi. My journey will be slow due to lack of funds at this time.  My only income is donating plasma. My wife gets SSI and a pension but that goes towards the car, insurance and a couple of other payments. Linda(my Wife) and I have had a serious talk and, it has come down to this: selling the car and canceling the insurance.  That's the only logical explanation we came up with. That's ok because we had been without a car up to 2019, and we came here to Oklahoma City, in 2014. Prior to that, we were living in San Diego, homeless. Linda is actually from Southern California; I'm originally from  place in Northern, UPSTATE NY; Near the Canadian Border: Massena, NY.

I first heard about this "New" adventure from a Chief Flight Instructor at Oklahoma Aviation, situated at KPWA(Wiley Post Airport). I'm actually wanting to obtain a regular Private and maybe Commercial license.  But this may be a good start. Something different and I'm also looking for something different and new.

Hey all, I'm in Washington State and in the same boat. Seeking retraining as a drone operator. I suggest you Google  Drone Training Colleges : The 20 Best Ranked . You can probably qualify for FAFSA and have them pay for tuition and books. There are certificate programs for schools near you. There is also Worksource retraining funds available. If you are on food stamps there is a program called BFET that will pay for your tuition and books. If you are on SSDI, or SSI check out the Pass Plan program. If you can dream it, you can do it. Good luck in achieving your dreams!

Hi @Peter Sabo

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum! It is never too late to start a new career, there are so many opportunities in the drone industry. There are many drone models to choose from, we have a 'Drone Guide' that you may be interested in looking over. With so many opportunities, it can be difficult to determine which drone application to focus on. Feel free to check out our 'UAV / Drone Jobs Guide'' for more information. For more information on the commercial certification process, checkout our 'Drone Certification Guide'. Let us know if you have any questions and I wish you the best of luck with your new career path! 

Best, 

- Chase