Isabella | UAV Coach

Win a Pass to Commercial UAV Expo '19, Las Vegas -- UAV Coach Giveaway

THIS GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED. Winners will be emailed. 

Our community here at UAV Coach is comprised of some of the most driven and enthusiastic drone pilots. We're excited to offer you all a chance to attend a major commercial drone event with this giveaway.

We are giving away two passes to the Commercial UAV Expo Americas 2019, a conference and exhibition exclusively focused on the commercial drone market. The exhibit hall will have around 230 booths, displaying cutting-edge airframes, components, software and services as well as end-to-end solutions focused on commercial applications.

The conference will take place October 28-30, 2019 at The Westgate in Las Vegas, NV.  

Prize

Two winners will be selected to each receive one Full Conference Pass, valued at $800. Winners are responsible for their own travel, meals, and accommodations. 

How to Enter

To enter, tell us why you want to attend the Commercial UAV Expo Americas 2019 in up to 300 words by replying to this post. Entries over 300 words will not be considered. Scroll to the bottom of this post and enter your reply by midnight, September 10, 2019 for a chance to win one of two tickets to the Commercial UAV Expo Americas 2019. 

Details

Contest Opened: August 27, 2019,  11:30 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Contest Closes: September 20, 2019, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Prize: One Full Conference Pass

Includes:

• Access to Exhibit Hall
  • Welcome Happy Hour
  • Keynotes & Plenaries
  • Vertical Deep-Dive Sessions
  • Industry Update Panel Discussions
  • Product Previews
  • Exhibit Hall Theater Programming
  • Breakfast & Lunch

Conference sessions focus on UAV/UAS integration and operation for large asset owners in commercial markets. In addition to industry-specific breakouts, topics include regulatory/legislative issues, security/counter drone technology, future of robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, UTM, ATM.

Keynotes and plenary sessions cover topics of interest to all end-users, while breakout sessions focus on these vertical industries:

• Construction
  • Energy & Utilities
  • Forestry & Agriculture
  • Infrastructure & Transportation
  • Mining & Aggregates
  • Public Safety & Emergency Services
  • Security 
  • Surveying & Mapping

Good luck to our entrants! 

UAV EXPO:   Unlike many fellow drone pilots, I didn't discover aerial photography as a gee whiz drone attribute.  As a freelance aerial photographer, my first manned helicopter flight was in high school.  Having grown up, mounting cameras on roof-tops, cherry pickers, crane buckets, under sail planes, under industrial kites launched from the Queen Elizabeth 2, in the Bermuda Triangle,  Friday the 13th  I crashed; broke my wrist.   Monopods, hot-air balloons and para-sails have been camera platforms.  Broke two bones;  paralyzed briefly one leg in these adventures. When drones became a reality I  kissed the earth.  I've been a voice of reason on Fox News, CNN, in the NYTimes, lectured to 31 law enforcement intelligence agencies. Maritime trade journals publish my articles about drones reducing risk to seafarers.   Owning 8 drones;  mandates I constantly  learn.   I am not a lover of equipment. Never joined  high school camera clubs.  I am an image maker.  In this  nascent industry, I must be expert,  in every aspect; insuring proficient flight skills. The royal family of a mid-east country flew me to the desert,  teaching drone  flight. I am an ambassador for drone safety. I'm not the most prolific image maker, nor the most daring or most accomplished.    I actively maintain face-to-face relationships with NYPD Aviation, Marine Intel, Sandy Hook Pilots, Tracon,  USCG, & over-seas Civil Aviation authorities.  25+ years in manned helicopters photographing big ships is my credibility.  I am unwittingly the "go to" guy. Bringing a network of other drone pilots, as my drone family I champion drone usage in NY Harbor.  I bought a Subaru Outback 2 years ago, as a New Yorker, to simply transport my drones.  I am committed. I've earned a seat at the table.

Jonathan_Inspire2 copy.jpg

Thank you for presenting this opportunity, it means more than you think. To be completely honest, I’m a beginner in the industry and am excited to join this new wave into the future! Simply put, it would be a blessing to have this opportunity. The amount of knowledge, passion, and excitement for the industry this will bring is truly humbling - very similar to drone pilot ground school (which is what ignited my passion for the industry)! I thank the team for presenting drone pilot ground school (the reason I’m now Part 107) and, again, thank you for this opportunity! Much love!  - Charles

I started my own drone business two years ago while in college. All of the information I learned through organizations like UAV coach helped me get my Part 107 and make a successful business that got me through college (I just graduated in April). I now am working on taking my business to a new level and am customizing a drone platform to fit one of our biggest client's needs. The opportunity to see all the vendors and hear where the industry is moving at the Commercial UAV Expo would be a huge help in learning what is possible and how we can use the technology available. The blessing would be two fold since our budget wouldn't allow us to attend otherwise.

Ps. Thanks for the newsletters. They are extremely helpful.

Best,

Derek Phelps 

• Like 1

I am a recently retired high school Spanish teacher. Having traveled to many countries in the world, my wife and I decided to start a travel blog, http://OopsWrongTurn.com  We both love photography, and often marvel at the aerial images posted by other travel bloggers. Part of our mission is to educate others about the world, and we can use all of the help we can get to bring aerial images and videos to our readers. I am a licensed private pilot, and my wife and I owned a commercial aerial photography company, so we understand how impressive aerial photos can be to viewers. Thank you for this opportunity.

Andrew Faukner

Modesto, CA

7 years ago, right after the Waldo Canyon Fire consumed 2 lives, 347 homes and over 18,000 acres in the Pikes Peak region, I maintained that a UAV with a FLIR could have discovered the source of that fire the night before it erupted when I responded to a smoke investigation in the Canyon but could not locate the point of origin. Since that time I've done all I could to utilize UAV's for our fire department and I vowed to use these wonderful tools to save lives and property. I am a graduate of UAV Coach and it is that curriculum that has helped me maintain my 107 for the last 3 years. I have now established Colorado Springs Fire Department's UAS program and we have done many successful missions in wildfire, Hazmat, SAR, and structure fires for the citizens we serve. My plan was to attend the UAV Expo this year but that plan got shattered as department budget cuts required us to surrender all out of state travel. Winning this giveaway would get me back on track for the end of this year and allow me to share with my fellow pilots the latest best practices for UAS and first responders.

Steve Schopper, Firefighter

Colorado Springs Fire Dept. Lead UAS Pilot

I started Southern Aerial Drone Service in 2017 after taking your course and passing the 107 exam. Our primary focus has been in real estate as most new drone businesses do. Our business has been expanding and i now have my wife as a business partner doing real estate photography to enhance the aerial portion. We renamed the business to Southern Aerial and Real Estate Photography. We want to expand our aerial services and we are really searching for where to focus. This commercial expo would be a tremendous help in exploring those options and creating networking opportunities. Krisse and I would be so grateful and appreciative of the opportunity to attend. Thank you. 

Thank you for the opportunity to attend the UAV Expo.  I am fairly new to this industry and really looking forward to the opportunity network with some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry.  I have two sons that are also very interested in learning more about this industry and love flying and pursuing there part 107.  It has been slow to build our business and would love to learn more about drone business operations, marketing, and new and existing technology.  This Expo is looks like a place where I would be able to gain extensive knowledge to grow my business and increase my knowledge with regard to business operations.  This opportunity would no doubt have a tremendous effect on our business and myself.  Look forward to meeting everyone at the Expo.

My name is Joe.  I'm a public education high school drone piloting instructor trying to bring all of the latest and greatest drone tech to my classroom repertoire.  I am a drone awareness/education cheerleader for our industry.  My students would be the winners of me attending this expo.  I would be able to bring the state of the art in drone industry information to a place where it will create far reaching ripples.  Not only my classroom will benefit,  as I am Texas' largest region Teacher of the Year.. Region 4.  I'm in a position to share information with our state top education decision makers.  Please consider me as a large asset to this expo.  The biggest changes and improvements to our drone industry will come from the kids coming up and into our drone world.

Hello,

I am new to the drone industry as I just passed the 107 and now have my certificate for flying.  I am working in a Park and Recreation setting and am looking to utilize drones to inspect roofs, create detailed maps, etc. to further enter our department into the "digital" realm.  I am very excited for this next part of my journey within my department and know I have much to learn to learn about the drone industry.  I believe attending this event would vastly grow my knowledge and help me bring back key ideas to implement in my organizations workflow.

Thank you,

Daniel

I'm new to flying drones. I got my 107 cert this past August. This would be a great introduction for me into the field and a great fun learning experience. Also, good to network with some professionals to get tips on flying etc. Thank you.

Yes! I do, I do want to attend the Commercial UAV Expo in Las Vegas! I have already signed up for the free exhibits only pass. I can not afford the full conference fee but attending the vendor exhibitions is still a great opportunity to learn about a wide spectrum of drone applications I could adapt to my work. I could learn so much more by attending the lecture tracks and hearing the speakers. I am grateful to UAV Coach for offering this opportunity to win a full conference pass!

I am new to commercial drone applications. I have my FAA pilots certification and started a small LLC through which I hope to offer drone services. I am a field biologist who works on wildlife and habitat projects in remote areas, and I regularly work as a biological construction monitor on large infrastructure projects. Very little use of drones has yet been made in my line of work, but I see it coming. I see many potential uses for drones – mapping, infrared and multi-spectral photography for wildlife and vegetation surveys, night flights, beyond line of sight flights, nesting bird surveys on utility towers, and special applications requiring unique aerial equipment. These uses will draw on technologies and knowledge from across many industries and disciplines. I want to be able to offer the best knowledge and tools available for solutions to special concerns in field biology through drone technology.

Attending this Commercial UAV Expo will be an exceptional opportunity for me to learn more about the technologies, companies, individuals, and legal concerns I will need to know as a professional drone service provider.

Yes! I do want a full conference pass!