T.Bedwell

Greetings from Chicago

Howdy!

Corporate Pilot here, getting tired of hearing nothing but bad things about drones, so I'm joining to get the other "sides view".

I don't mind sharing the airspace, as long as we both stick to our rules. Cheers!

Welcome @T.Bedwell Very nice to have a corporate pilot amongst our midst, you'll find yourself in good company. I think you've hit on a key point that as the media so often does; all that is being sent out on the airwaves seems to be the few irresponsible ones that give the legitimate sUAS pilots a bad name. You'll find a welcoming community here that will both answer your questions and tap into your vast knowledge of manned flight as well! Cheers!

On 5/17/2016 at 10:03 AM, RemotelyPossible said:

Welcome @T.Bedwell Very nice to have a corporate pilot amongst our midst, you'll find yourself in good company. I think you've hit on a key point that as the media so often does; all that is being sent out on the airwaves seems to be the few irresponsible ones that give the legitimate sUAS pilots a bad name. You'll find a welcoming community here that will both answer your questions and tap into your vast knowledge of manned flight as well! Cheers!

I get the media....trying to put the fear of God in everybody. However, I have had a few encounters with drones, so I joined to try to see your perspective. Now I'm not going to make a big "OH MY GAAAAHD WE ALMOST HIT A DRONE",  fit, but there's always something that makes for an interesting flight.

On 5/18/2016 at 10:25 PM, Alan Perlman said:

Amen to that, @T.Bedwell. Look forward to your participation in this community. Let us know if we can help you with anything along the way.

Great to be here. I'm sure there's a few other airplane drivers on the forums but feel free to ask away if anyone has any questions about airspace, Airline/ Corporate flights, etc.

I'm new to drones, but one thing I noticed immediately is that the public is totally ignorant about rules regarding flying drones 5 miles from the airport and don't know what their ceiling is. As a teacher, I'm working on that.:)

• Like 1