A NEW OPORTUNITY

HELLO EVERYONE . I LIVE IN LEBANON MIDDLE EAST A COUNTRY WHERE  AERIAL PHOTOGRAMMETRY IS STILL IN SHADOWS 

IVE BEEN OPERATING DRONES FOR ONE AND A HALF YEAR NOW AND WHAT I CAN REALLY SAY IS THAT I HAVE A GREAT PASSION FOR THIS JOB .

LATELY I OBTAINED A LISCENCE AND  HAVE AN IDEA TO START A SMALL BUSINESS CONCERNING 3D MAPPING AND THINGS RELATED TO THE DRONE INDUSTRY OTHER THAN PHOTO/VIDEOGRAPHY 

IN THIS AREA OF THE WORLD THIS IS STILL A NICHE MARKET SO I HOPE THIS GIVES ME AN EDGE 

I OWN 3 DRONES 1 PHANTOM 4 PRO 

1 MAVIC 2 PRO 

1 MAVIC PRO 

NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS ID LIKE TO ASK : WHAT DO  NEED TO START PRACTICING 3D MAPPING 

WHAT SOFTWARES? WHAT DRONES ? WHAT PC REQUIREMENT ? PHONE REQUIREMENTS? DO I NEED A LAPTOP ? 

WHERE CAN I LEARN THE PROCESS AND HOW MUCH DOES IT APPROXIMATELY COST ?

fINALLY ANY OTHER IDEAS TO DEVELOP MY DRONE PASSION I M REALLY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT DONIG SOMTHING RELATED TO DRONES 

THANK YOU  ALL FOR UR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING ... 

The first think you need to do is turn OFF your caps lock...

You should probably start by researching your potiential customers.  That will help identify what services and deliverables people are willing to pay for.  

Depending on what you discover researching your customers you’ll get a better sense of what you need to learn.  There are a lot of people who promote photogrammetry, but most do so because they have a drone with a camera and think that taking pictures and processing them in Pix4D is all there is to it.  Sure, that can produce a pretty 3D mesh but the first question your customer will ask is “what can I do with it?”  If you can’t answer that question your not likely to be successful as a service provider.  

You can get an evaluation copy of most of the photogrammetry software available.  Pix4D is probably the most widely used so it’s easier to find online tutorials. Doesn’t mean it’s the best or right solution for you, but once you learn enough Of the basics you’ll be a better position to evaluate other solutions. 

You can run these applications on a Laptop but it needs a fast GPU with as much VRAM as you can get which gets pricey in a laptop.  

If your focus is photogrammetry, PHOTO-grammetry then you need a good camera/lens and a good understanding of photography.  Tiny little 16MP cameras with plastic lenses on toy drones won’t get you the resolution you need for accurate results.  It really all depends on the requirements of your customer.  But you can certainly start there with eval software to explore the business opportunities.