Sign in to follow this  
Isabella | UAV Coach

10 Reasons to Attend the Commercial UAV Expo 2019

The Commercial UAV Expo Americas is coming up fast, set for Oct. 28-30 in Las Vegas. Will you be there? In this article, we’re sharing 10 reasons you should attend. (Spoiler, one good reason to attend—you can meet UAV Coach staff, since we’ll be in attendance ourselves!)

10 Reasons to Attend the Commercial UAV Expo Americas 2019

If you know you’ll be attending the conference, let us know in the comments below!

I am currently registered for the free exhibition hall only pass, as I cannot afford a full conference fee. I am expecting to learn a lot by talking to various vendors, seeing and comparing various products, software products, and new technologies in image capture capabilities. I am hoping to see examples of some unique and specialized use equipment mounted on UAVs, and learn more about ground based stations for more accurate GPS in orientation and mapping in remote and complex landscapes. I am looking to meet and talk to interesting, innovative people in the drone community and hear the new ideas of experts in many areas of UAV applications.

First time visitor to see what is out there in industry applications. Of particular interest: mapping, construction, energy. I think the industry is still very much a niche market and do I hope to get some indications to where we are going. My major concern is what has big money (AMAZON, UPS, FEDEX) up their sleeve to secure their business, which might affect 107 pilots. I have a full pass and registered for the flight demos Monday morning and night-flight training Wednesday afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing y'all. Let me know how to get into contact at the exhibition?