purpledogww

Got the Litchi App for Phantom 3 Standard

Decided to purchase the Litchi App for my Phantom 3 Standard. I made the purchase because of it's waypoints mode...much easier to use compared to GO DJI app. I'm a little nervous to try it for the first time. Hopefully I can give it a try this weekend. I'll keep you posted. Has anyone else tried Litchi and the waypoints function? If so, what is your opinion of the app?

Hey @purpledogww,

I actually did the same exact thing as you (PS3 std, and got lichi) I think it has a lot of great features that do make it a great accessory to the DJI phantom and the go app.

One thing i will let you know about my own experience that was a set back: Make sure that the device you install it on does not have the dji go app running, there is an API level conflict between the two and if it is still running it will cause the video to drop out in either app. i found this out the hard way mid flight when the video feed and all the telemetry data disappeared. Much more to my dismay not only did the wireless video cut out but it actually affected the video file on the sd card as well.  It should be noted this did not have any affect on the RC or control of the UAV, it was essentially like flying with the camera not on the uav, something i was comfortable with due mostly to lots of practice like that.

So it is not enough to just "close" the Dji go app from the normal app viewer (on android) you actually need to do a hard or "force close"  to ensure that it is not running even in the background ( as this is what is actually the source of the issue). After uninstalling litchi everything returned to normal.

OK so to boil it down (ironic i know):

i would suggest one of two paths...

1) if you are comfortable enough with your device, or confident you can follow some online instructions on how to force close the app go ahead and leave both installed and go this route.

2) if you are not comfortable with this uninstall the DJI go app,even better would be if you had a second device that could just have litchi on it so there would be no chance of interruption but that may not be practical or cost effective. I actually use a Samsung note5 as well as a Samsung tab 4.0 (sometimes the larger screen space is nice), the latter of which i am going to remove DJI and just install litchi to test it out.

Hope this helps let us know your personal experiences with Litchi!

• Like 1

Thanks for the great "heads up" Scott. Do you use the Litchi app more than the GO app? I would like to just uninstall the GO app and use Litchi exclusively. I really like the waypoints on the Litchi and probably will be using that mode quite a bit if all goes well. 

-Wendy

• Like 1

Litchi is a great app.  I really enjoy the VR mode its like watching your live view on a 100 inch screen.  And being able to control the camera roll with head tracking is great, you can get smoother actions vs the wheel on the controller or on screen.

• Like 3