Spitfire76

New drone integration and zoning billed introduced

I think there's already enough regs and laws to cover trespass, privacy etc.....

Bad idea....

There will be enough airspace grabbers coming our way already..... its called "delivery service" and its on its way to your airspace....

All I see is a mass closing of airspace.  I would hope local regulators would work with the industry and allow for commercial use but I can see certain cities such as Sedona AZ to just flat close their airspace.  

Companies like Amazon, FedEx and UPS that bring money to the table will end up buying their way through but the smaller guy trying to gather pictures of a house for a realtor or map a construction project is going to have more trouble.  I would suggest now is the time to start talking to state and local regulators and see get involved in local groups to push in the event this type of law passes.

I agree with AZ.... I have an inside look on some of the goings ons with the big corps like google and amazon. We, the com ops and hobby people are going to be squashed out of the avail airspace to some extent. The corps will want 200-400 agl for delivery. I have a feeling they will carve out the AMA fields but for com ops pilots doing the one off missions, that will be interesting how they end up divvying up the airspace. Money talks and google amazon has a lot of it.... It may already be too late to fight against it...