Sign in to follow this  
Dmitry Efremov

Partly dismounted Swing Bridge!

Nice aerial.  

Here are a few suggestions on the video.  Keep in mind these are just my recommendations on how you can improve your video. 

Imediatley after the fade up you turn left to frame the shot better, unless there’s something the viewer needs to see, I’d recommend fading up after the turn, and if there’s something important to see before the turn then you should include more of the shot prior to the turn.  

At the end of the same shot you pan left but as soon as the pan is complete you dissolve to the next shot making me wonder why did I see the pan in the first place.  It doesn’t reveal anything.  If you were trying to show the surrounding area then the pan was probably too fast. 

Finally, as a rule of thumb dissolves represent the passage of time or change of location. It’s often better to cut your way around a scene.  It enables you to see more of the location quicker or to stay on a shit longer for dramatic effect and better pacing.  Dissolves generally take a second and while they are happening the audience can become confused about what their looking at.  Plus they had up and can waste a surprising amount of time.  

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, Av8Chuck said:

Nice aerial.  

Here are a few suggestions on the video.  Keep in mind these are just my recommendations on how you can improve your video. 

Imediatley after the fade up you turn left to frame the shot better, unless there’s something the viewer needs to see, I’d recommend fading up after the turn, and if there’s something important to see before the turn then you should include more of the shot prior to the turn.  

At the end of the same shot you pan left but as soon as the pan is complete you dissolve to the next shot making me wonder why did I see the pan in the first place.  It doesn’t reveal anything.  If you were trying to show the surrounding area then the pan was probably too fast. 

Finally, as a rule of thumb dissolves represent the passage of time or change of location. It’s often better to cut your way around a scene.  It enables you to see more of the location quicker or to stay on a shit longer for dramatic effect and better pacing.  Dissolves generally take a second and while they are happening the audience can become confused about what their looking at.  Plus they had up and can waste a surprising amount of time.  

I hope this helps. 

Yeap, thanks for the feedback. Most of this problems occur because I have to do all the filming maximal fast, before the police appears ))) . In my country, you're restricted to fly near bridges, or roads, and here I have a jack pot from a bridge and a road )))