Jimslaton

Tracking Your Drone

I’ve got a DJI Spark and at 300-400ft altitude it is very difficult to see in the air even with a perfectly clear sky. Is there accessory or something that can be added to the drone to make it easier to see up in the sky? I know there are anti-collision strobes for civil twilight but I’m talking the middle of the day in bright sunlight.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Jimslaton

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum and congratulations on your purchase of a Spark! I fly a Phantom 4 Pro which is much larger than a spark and I still have a hard time seeing it sometimes when it is 300-400 feet up. I would recommend using a Lume Cube anti-collision light. They are very bright and should help increase the visibility of the drone even during the day. You can look here to see if this would be a good solution for you. 

I hope this helps!

- Chase 

During the middle of the day? Sunny, clear, hot day? I’m prior military (airborne ranger) and I have over 10,000 skydives and I’ve seen bright strobes before but during the middle of the day?

Anything you add to your drone to increase visibility will also add to the weight of the drone and increase drag and reduce the ability to control of the aircraft. Its much safer to fly only as far as you can comfortably see the drone, afterall safety first always. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Anthony I had some questions about my drone it’s the DJI  Matice 210 RTK. The question is how do I get the  station to work right they show the greenlight but I’m not getting the reception that I shared the app I’m using a DJI Go app. It has a 3 modes on the drone and when I put on RTK the station does not work and it shows can’t fly? Can you  give me your expert opinion ?

Edited by Uas Drone Pilot