Howdy hey from Portland, OR

ajdrone777

Hello,

My name is Andy Frey. I currently live in Portland, OR. I recently passed my part 107 test and just got my license in the mail. I'm excited to be apart of the drone community and look forward to building a successful drone business. I'm not sure where I want to take my new business whether that be in real estate, mapping, or education. I'm open to any and all ideas that will help me get this new venture off the ground. I look forward to developing contacts and meeting new friends here. Thanks for having me. 

Andy

Hi @ajdrone777,

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum and congratulations on becoming Part 107 certified! There are so many opportunities in the drone industry that it can be difficult to choose which route to go. To help get you started, feel free to check out our 'UAV/Drone Jobs' guide. 

I hope this helps!

- Chase 

It’s not  easy you half to go to a lawyer and get a business name and a website it’s very expensive and then you have to get licenses for the city to fly commercially it is very rigorous. I know it cost me for the lawyer fees about $2000.  Plus you have to have insurance and be bonded for 1 million or 2 million depending on what kind of applications you use what kind of drone do you have?

Getting a lawyer is the best answer because they cover you on forms and give you an IRS number and do a lot of the work for papers that people need to fill out so that you don’t lose your ass. And look into websites and make sure they offer search engine so that when you put your business name up it’ll go into weddings photography real estate so when they click on your website called photographs it will show up and all those  categories.

I’ve been down this route and believe me there are a lot of companies that say they have search engines to go to your site make sure you get it in writing.