Isabella | UAV Coach

Win a $50 LumeCube Giftcard (Limited Time Entry Period)

Isabella | UAV Coach

This giveaway has closed. 

One winner was chosen at random. Congrats @Spiker on winning the giveaway! 

Thank you to everyone who entered. Stay tuned for more giveaways in the future. 

Message added by Isabella | UAV Coach

My state agency really likes the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I don't understand why so many have a problem with UAVs made in China. A sign of a amateur is putting politics over using the best tool for the job. It should be about obtaining the best data for the clients. I see a great advantage in the FAA making people pay $150 biennially, as it will eventually run some of the amateurs out of this business. Course, an amateur won't hesitate to fly un certified...

48 minutes ago, Ken L said:

I don't understand why so many have a problem with UAVs made in China. A sign of a amateur is putting politics over using the best tool for the job.

Are you assuming that Chinese manufactured drones are the best tool for the job?  If small, low quality sensors does the job for you then DJI might be the right answer.  The adhesive DJI uses on their motors delaminates at about 190 degrees, plenty good enough for consumer products,  but for professionals you should think about the consequences of using such low quality parts when your carrying a 7-15 pound payload worth $7K to $250K.  

You can’t even arm a Phantom on the hood of a car, do you think it’s a good idea to fly it in close proximity of 500K volts?  What do you think happens when it loses signal goes into RTH and crashes in a substation?  What happenes when you show up to a location inside class B and it won’t arm because of the NFZ?  

Professionally there are a a lot of variables that you need to manage that hobby grade Chines drones don’t give you the tools to manage.  It has little to do with the politics. In fact it’s the politics that Chinese manufacturers are using as an excuse to justify their anti competitive policies. 

Mavic 2 Pro, there's nothing like it. I do like the DJI Mavic Mini, so I lied, lol... Well why not go with the Spark too, they are all my favorites.  I can never part with my first love back in 2014, The Phantom Vision 2 plus!!! That was a beast back then...

Edited by Mike Reynolds

While I’m a fan and owner of the Mavic 2, I have to give a nod to the Phantom series for flying around cities and near towers for it’s better EMI shielding. 

I am in the Real Estate Photography Business in Arizona. My go to bird for residential properties is the Mavic 2 Pro. The Mavic 2 is perfect for residential neighborhoods because it is small, quiet, fast and shoots incredible raw images and video.

The Inspire 1 Pro is my go to bird for large 5 to 40 acre properties. Inspire 1 Pro has been the workhorse in my fleet for a few years.  

On 11/23/2019 at 12:57 PM, CDSBoss said:

The Mavic 2 Pro, Plus the Cube by Lume, At night will give a glow, In the sky it'll zoom!