Richmond Park, London

Hey guys,

This is my very first flight and video editing,
I obviously need to train especially on the control for the camera and do some calibration (the camera and joystick controls were definitively too fast, I will reduce the speed so it would be smoother)
Let me know what you think as this is my very first one, I would be happy to collect as much feedback and advices as I can !

https://youtu.be/47fHbw5hr1Q

Edited by Morgan

Welcome to the forum.   

What exactly do you want feedback on?  What are you trying to do with your videos?

Everyone who gets a drone has to go through the discovery process and get over the excitement of seeing the world and having control over this new aerial perspective. Your footage is no different than the million or so videos previously posted by others who just purchased a new drone.  

Sounds like harsh criticism but it isn’t.  Now that you have a little experience with your new drone, if the goal is to make your videos stand out and reach people you need to start by doing three things: 

1. Become a photographer.  Take the camera off of auto and set your exposure for every shot.  Don’t just fly around taking footage.  
  2. Compose every shot.  Start with a well composed shot that communicates a beginning then transition to a well composed ending shot.  Create wide establishing shots, closeups with reveals, create transitions from ground to aerial.  
  3. Tell a story.  Plan your sequence of shots so that you have a beginning, middle and an end.  

These are are the same rules of thumb that you would use producing video on the ground with the added dimension of altitude.  

If you practice these three things you’ll get the required dexterity to fly great shots over time.  It will all come together.   

Thank you,

See, that's exactly the kind of feedbacks I was looking for. As I said, those are my very 2 first video editing and footages, so I've probably made mistakes, misconceptions or things like this that I want to avoid in the future (one example: as you said, start shooting photos versus having the camera on, the whole flight)

I tried to improve the "tell a story" and "compose shots" parts in the 2nd video, the story of life : starting young and discover the world (raising), then being adventurous, and running for life before diying (and last sequence represents seeing your whole life before raising one last time). How can I make the stories more visible in the video? any advices?