Win a Set of Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters

This contest has closed. The winner has been contacted via email. Thank you all for entering and supporting our community. 

Hello folks,

We've partnered with DJI to giveaway one (1) Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters Set (Retail Price $109). 

To win, leave a comment below this post telling us how this ND filter set would enhance your drone photography. The deadline to enter is December 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET

About the Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters Set (from the DJI website): 

Made specifically for the Mavic 2 Pro. This set includes ND4, ND8, ND16, and ND32 Filters, allowing 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32 of incoming light through respectively, equal to 2/3/4/5-stop filters. These high-quality, light reducing ND filters reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor, giving you more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time, and sensor sensitivity settings. A precise snap-joint design ensures a reliable fit and lens seal during flight. Four filter options offer you more freedom in controlling aperture and shutter, giving you more exposure choices for your photography.

1364474321_Mavic2ProNDFilters.jpg.9b9c260ccd0db59012d57467bbb46961.jpg

If you're interested in purchasing the Mavic 2 Pro for yourself of a friend this holiday season, DJI is running a pretty big discount.  Check out their Christmas Sale running now through Jan. 1, 2019. 

$420 Off Mavic 2 Pro + DJI Smart Controller — Was $2199, Now $1779
$350 Off Mavic 2 Pro — Was $1729, Now $1379

I would let my 12 year old daughter use them to further understand how different photography gear can enhance the picture she is taking of nature.  She is in a STEM club at school, doing a nature photography project- and what better combination for STEM than to throw in drones?  And good equipment?  No telling what creativity chain reaction these could set off!

I could use a set.  

I will produce a video showing the benefits of using them under the following conditions. Vote for your favorite scenario:

1. Beautiful sunset over a naked beach.  I’d say topless but that would be sexist.
  2. On the tarmac next to Airforce One while it taxis for takeoff.
  3. A hyperlapse of the scoreboard at the Super Bowl. 
  4. An aerial shot of the CA Governers motorcade as it travels through Another wildfire invariably started by PG&E on his way to the ribbon cutting of the bullet train in Victorville at night BVLOS.  (Imagine all of the high contrast shots of smoke, fire, and flashing lights)
  5. Im open to suggestions.
  • Haha 1

I could absolutely use this filter set and here is why...

1) It would help with adding pop to my landscape videos.

2) It would augment my Mavic 2 pro as a tool for commercial work here in SoCal. 

3) Last but not least, they would be used to educate others about the benefits of using ND filters.

Blue skies and Happy Holidays.

Michael

As a former student of the program who has passed his part 107 exam twice with the help of the course materials, I am glad to see giveaways such as these. Not only does it get people excited about extra gear, more importantly it will help bring new folks to the educational benefits of uav coach. These would certainly help enhance my personal drone business in the same ways already discussed in the comments below. More importantly it would only strengthen my appreciation of uacv coach's company and make me want to continue spreading the word about this great organization!