New Kid On The Block

Just got a drone a few days ago for an early Christmas gift (Potensic D58). 

I'm not exactly a kid (I'm 62), but feel like one with my first drone. I have spent days reading & watching as much as possible about not only the drone, but the laws that govern it. Now, I'm looking forward to having some fun in SW Lower Michigan. 

Hi @Kamau54

Welcome to the UAV Coach Community Forum and congratulations on getting your first drone! @Av8Chuck normally it would be haha, however it has been in the 40s and 50s here in SE Michigan.  

@Kamau54 if you are looking to learn more about drone laws in Michigan, feel free to check out out Michigan 'Drone Laws' page. We also have our 'The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in Detroit' guide. 

I hope this helps! 

- Chase 

• Thanks 1

@Kamau54 Welcome to the forum. SW Michigan...I spent some time in St. Joseph/Benton Harbor. Gorgeous area, but COLD! I bet you'll get some beautiful footage around the lake when it warms up.

I posted an article on LinkedIn the other day, How To Stay Out Of Trouble With Your New Drone. You may have learned all this already but it's a quick and you may find it useful. 

Happy flying. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Thanks. It is nice here, but just got cold yesterday. People were barbecuing Christmas day (it was 60 and sunny). 

Anyway, I do look forward to getting some amazing shots soon (still learning about my drone and it's operation) as soon as the weather clears. 

Again, Thanks.