FAA Tracking Number Requirement

Effective Jan. 13, 2020, people seeking an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate (or any type of airman certificate) will have to register on the IACRA website first and obtain an FAA Tracking Number (FTN) before being allowed to schedule the test.

f you have an existing Remote Pilot Certificate, you actually already have an FAA Tracking Number (FTN) for the Unmanned Aircraft General Test. The FTN will allow you to schedule future test dates using an online process instead of having to call the testing center directly.

More details here: FAA Changes Testing Process for Drone Pilots — How to Obtain an FAA Tracking Number (FTN)

Does anyone know if or how this would apply to drone operators working for a designated public aircraft operator who are “self-certified” by the agency?

In other words, are the firefighters in my organization who are self-certified operators under our COA required to get an FTN?

I’m not clear on that group of operators and operations.....  it seems like FAA has made accommodations for drone pilots involved with first responder flight missions

• 5 months later...
On 12/31/2019 at 3:17 PM, Isabella | UAV Coach said:

Effective Jan. 13, 2020, people seeking an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate (or any type of airman certificate) will have to register on the IACRA website first and obtain an FAA Tracking Number (FTN) before being allowed to schedule the test.

f you have an existing Remote Pilot Certificate, you actually already have an FAA Tracking Number (FTN) for the Unmanned Aircraft General Test. The FTN will allow you to schedule future test dates using an online process instead of having to call the testing center directly.

More details here: FAA Changes Testing Process for Drone Pilots — How to Obtain an FAA Tracking Number (FTN)

i'm thinking to get my test parts 107, but not really understand how to get  FAA Tracking Number (FTN) . thanks you