purpledogww

Waypoints Requirements not met Litchi App

I was all ready to use Litchi Waypoints today. Started in P Mode and sent the P3S up about 30ft. Switched to F Mode and hit play on the Litchi App. But I kept getting "Requirements not met". I moved the P3S a few feet and tried again and got the same message. Is there anything else I can try? Also, when I finally gave up on waypoints..I decided to just fly and now I realize I was flying in F Mode. AT about 50% power, the RC started beeping and I noticed yellow lights were flashing on the back of the P3S. Is this a result of flying in F Mode? Maybe loss of calibration? I'm a newbie...so be gentle. :)

Cheers,

Wendy

Hey Wendy, 

sorry to hear about the issues, ill look into the waypoint requirements on litchi for you, as to the lights the yellow lights should be an indication that you are in f mode, however they also use the lights as a signal, i believe a blinking yellow on the back lights indicates either Atti or F mode. Ill have to double check in the user manual. have you changed the low battery warning setting through the DJI go App? if so than that might be the low battery warning, if not than it should be at 30% by default. I would suggest doing a dedicated test flight with the dji go app to test how the waypoints are working in that and to see if you can replicate the lights and beeping. dont go to high as this is a test flight and you are attempting to ensure there is nothing wrong.

• Like 1

Thanks Scott for your input. I plan on flying tomorrow to try your suggestions and my own possibilities. 

I did a lot of research last night and I came up with two possible answers:

1) Waypoints "Requirements not met": After watching quite a few videos on YouTube, I think I didn't activate waypoints properly within the Litchi app after taking off in P Mode and switching over to F Mode. I'll keep you posted after my next flight.

2) I believe the beeping was because I was in F Mode and lost calibration which, according to the user manual, can happen. It showed all the signs of lost calibration: drifting and flying crazy.

I'm glad I was able to land without crashing. It's a "near miss" like this that I learn the most. My best advice to newbies would be to watch as many drone "crash" videos as possible. You'll learn what not to do! I know I WILL crash at some point... but I can learn from others and delay the inevitable for as long as possible. LOL

-Wendy

• Like 1

Hi Scott,

Got some fly time in today before the wind picked up. Used both GO and Litchi with no problems. I didn't try waypoints ...I lost my nerve.  LOL

I do have a question....Sometimes after landing and cutting the motor, when I try to start up again, the motors don't start. If I turn everything completely off....basically reboot....the drone will start up. What can I do to avoid having to turn everything off?

Thanks for answering my newbie questions!

Wendy