Sign in to follow this  
RohitR

Mavic Mini Custom Regulations

Hi,

I am planning a trip to India and went with the Mavic Mini. But I seem to be hard pressed on finding any information on bringing in a drone into India. I understand no Drones are allowed but then I've also read that those regulations don't apply to nano-drones. I would really like to take my Drone with me but don't want my brand new Mavic Mini confiscated at the airport and losing a lot of money in the process.

Any help or guidance to where my answer can be found would be much appreciated. I have read all the guidelines and rules and custom policies but none seem to really zero in on this particular issue especially as a tourist rather than a Citizen returning back home.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:18 PM, RohitR said:

Hi,

I am planning a trip to India and went with the Mavic Mini. But I seem to be hard pressed on finding any information on bringing in a drone into India. I understand no Drones are allowed but then I've also read that those regulations don't apply to nano-drones. I would really like to take my Drone with me but don't want my brand new Mavic Mini confiscated at the airport and losing a lot of money in the process.

Any help or guidance to where my answr can be found would be much appreciated. I have read all the guidelines and rules and custom policies but none seem to really zero in on this particular issue especially as a tourist rather than a Citizen returning back home.

Hi, 

I have the same Question. I want to travel to Dubai and want to be sure that I will be able to get my mavic mini back into the country. And in a couple of months also travelling within India. Would it be safe to carry it along? Should the drone be carried in the hand bag or main luggage? Same question for the controller and batteries.

I saw a couple of videos on this on YouTube. One guy said just be confident at the airport and it will be fine. Also heard from someone to dismantle some of the parts like the props so that it doesn't look like a drone and probably just a camera accessory. 

I think it totally depends on how lucky you are ! Someone please give a good explanation to what can and should be done. Thanks