Sign in to follow this  
Ventus8232

Cameras

Up until now I've been flying the cheaper almost toy type drones with a built in camera and having a blast learning.  Slowly upgrading things and now I am building my own hex drone for aerial photography.  I was wondering,  do they make a camera with zoom? And is it controllable from the ground?  

Yes.  The Sony a6500 is a great camera for aerial. There are a couple of pancake lenses, 16-45 kind of thing you can zoom from the ground. 

• Thanks 1

Cheese and rice, Yes you have a lot to learn..

your question didn’t ask anything about streaming video.  Obviously we stream video but it’s not the camera that does the streaming. Depending on the resolution and latency there are several video transmitters to choose from. 

You”ll also need a transceiver designed to plug into the camera to control all of the functions.  https://www.seagulluav.com/product/seagull-rec/

What flight controller are you using for your Hex?

Arducopter 2.6 is what I have now using the mission planner software.  Extremely happy with it.  It does more than I was looking for.  Very stabile and was in my budget at the time.  I may upgrade later though. 

Yeah I figured I needed the transceiver and ground receiver.  I am fairly new to digital photagraphy.  Hell, I still use a 35mm camera.  Shhhh,  dont tell anyone.  I knew the new digital cameras out there can record video,  I just wasnt aware they could be adapted to streaming, or could even interface with a signal setup.  I will look at that link you sent me later this evening and start researching and planning.  Not in any rush and just want to get my drone built right the first time.  

Edited by Ventus8232