Evo II Release Delayed Until March, DJI May Get Mavic 3 to Market First

According to industry rumors, after Autel unveiled the EVO II at CES 2020 last month DJI pushed back its launch date for the Mavic 3—which had been slated for the end of January—so that personnel could improve its specs to help it compete better against the EVO II.

But now it looks like the EVO II may not hit the shelves until some time in March, if not later.

Read today's article to learn more about the delayed release of the EVO II, and chime in here to share your thoughts on the delay.

Autel has always been late on their releases.  Not that it really matters.  Not only does DJI miss their announced release dates, they pretty much beta test with their customers for the first six months or so.  Some models like the Inspire2 never get all the problems sorted out.

It’s probably best to wait six months before buying a new model from DJI to see what gets sorted out and if you can live with what problems remain.  

I'm disappointed with the Evo 2 delay, but I'm glad because it's given me time to do a bit more research. I was ready to buy the Evo 2, but now I'm going to wait for the Mavic 3 instead to make a decision. Now that I've seen some more in-depth comparisons with the Evo 2 vs the Mavic 2, I have serious reservations on the Evo 2, particularly with video quality.

The only company worse than delivering products when they say there are is DJI.  I have had several Autels and the camera’s where better than any comperable DJI camera. 

Since the Evo2 has not shipped yet it’s hard to imagine there are any fair in-depth comparisons.  

Sometimes it’s difficult to stay patient...  But if you have the time it’s not a bad idea to wait three to six months.  Non of these manufacturers are very good at releasing dependable products ant it takes that long for them to work out the bugs and supply chain issues.

• 4 weeks later...
"Once you see in the news that coronavirus is handled you can expect Autel to ship product.  As of now, no planes are coming from China"
was the answer I received after pre ordering the Evo ii pro and checking on it after feb 27th when I didn't hear anything else. ... 
Edited by Alo Ahuna-Alofaituli