I am having trouble with the Holy Stone HS-720 receiving GPS signals from my Samsung S10e and  LG-g2. When I try to activate the TapFly and FollowMe modes, I get a message that states "insufficient mobile phone GPS signal". I have tried the drone on a thrird phone with the same results.

QUESTION: Has anyone found that an Android phone (model no.) works for the subject modes on the HS-720?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 1:28 AM, Romeo 1800 said:

I am having trouble with the Holy Stone HS-720 receiving GPS signals from my Samsung S10e and  LG-g2. When I try to activate the TapFly and FollowMe modes, I get a message that states "insufficient mobile phone GPS signal". I have tried the drone on a thrird phone with the same results.

QUESTION: Has anyone found that an Android phone (model no.) works for the subject modes on the HS-720?

I have the same problem.  I have found that the Samsung S7 and J7 models work.

• 4 months later...

Working fine for 2 weeks then I get this next to WiFi   !  Holystone say antroid problem follow roots setting whatever that is? It did come up on my phone but doesn't now so wouldn't know what to do anyway. Can anyone help please?

hs700d 

Edited by Lee rosser
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Purchased HolyStone HS720E October 1st.

TapFly maping does NOT work with:

iphone 5

iPhone 6s

Samsung Galaxy s5

HTC flagship U12+ ( newest 2018 )

Tried everything there is to try, Airplane mode etc..  App and controller says 16 satellites and still get GPS error? Hmm. makes no sense.

The Ophelia GO app just has some serious issues when trying to use GPS of what seems like MOST cell phones.

They just need to get a different software developer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 10:28 PM, Romeo 1800 said:

I have to deal with the same issue like yours.  I use Samsung S7 and I get a message that states "insufficient mobile phone GPS signal" as well.