Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

We want to thank everyone for being apart of our community and for entering our DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! The winner will be announced on Saturday, February 29th here on the forum and in our weekly newsletter that goes out every week on Saturday morning. 

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

• Like 5
  • Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We want to thank everyone for being apart of our community and for entering our DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! The winner will be announced on Saturday, February 29th here on the forum and in our weekly new

Aviation admiring,  flying knowledge desiring,  I look to UAV Coach everyday. With dreams of acquiring, the skills I’m requiring,  to fly commercially someday.

I fly drones for work, but I've been looking at getting one for personal use. This drone would be used for fun and to get me familiar with the use of sticks as I use a tablet for the drones at work.

Posted Images

Hi if i do win the mavic mini i Would use it for taking pics of my family. Right now i have a phantom 3 but i broke. I have tried  to do every thing i can. I would also fly it just for fun. I love drones but i don't have the money to spend on them. I'm 14 and from Maine. My obsession with drones started when my uncle bought his first drone. He let me fly it around for a few mins and i just fell in love with drone sens. 

I'm a drone hobbyist /enthusiast who has a blast flying every chance I get, especially when I can include friends, family and strangers who inevitably come along and ask questions. I'd love to get my hands on the Mavic mini, see the new features it has to offer, and share it with others to show how much fun drones are to fly. My niece is fascinated every time I fly and with this drone I can feel more comfortable giving her the controls and letting her spread her wings!

Hi, no drones in my life yet but I fly RC helicopters. I am interested in the camera drones to view my acreage property from the air and perhaps record some video of that. The technology in these units is very interesting.

Thanks,

Dog

I would use it as a mini search drone to find downed model RC planes at my local AMA club field. It can be really difficult to find crashed planes and club members, including myself, have had to walk around the field for over a hour to locate an aircraft as typically they are not equipped with GPS. I was planning to use one of my home built drones for this purpose but they are large and take up valuable plane space in my car. 

Cheers

Richard

I am new to drones and currently have a Hubsan X4 that I fly around my property for fun.  The mini would be used for the same, but with a better drone and camera, I'm sure I'll get more into the photography side of it.  It would be nice to take pictures of the property and to use while traveling.

Edited by wnc_walker

I’m evolving our city’s police dept’s UAS program from just patrol use to broader spectrum public safety measures. The SWAT team is interested in using a drone as a “first breacher” recon for active shooter situations to reduce risk, but flying indoors without GPS can be challenging. I want to master the art of indoor maneuver using the Mavic Mini (with a cage). There’s a professional tactical drone we’re looking at but I’m a firm believer in shaping skills the hard way (no sensors) but safely (the cage), to then up the game when really understanding the problems (turning and going up/down stairs, etc.). The Mavic Mini is a great system, but everything is limited for indoor use without GPS. 

I’ve been wanting to get into this hobby for quite some time.   The drone hobby is quite cost prohibitive and some other expense is always taking priority.  I would like to get into aerial photography and spend some time creating a polished final product to share with others.

I’m in a drone class at my highschool so I would love to be able to have my own drone to help me with my school projects and to help me start my buisness, money is short so getting this would make starting my business 10x easier 

Should I win, I would use this drone to continue my education as a flier, to view changes in the landscape, to take photos that bring a smile to people's faces, and to educate non-fliers that UAVs are safe, quiet, and have uses far beyond what they might have thought to date.  I would use it to advocate for the discipline and for the betterment of other fliers.

Edited by Thor_AKA_Thor

If I were to win this mini drone, I would take it everywhere I can. I'd be able to take aerial pictures for a different dynamic but also just use it to relieve stress. Sometimes theres nothing better than just getting the drone out and flying around.

so with the new mini drone, I'd use it for helping my community find better routes to get home due to all construction we have going on. Then I'd like to go out to our Everglades park and get landscaped pictures and of the animals, teach my kids about the various animals we have in our Florida Everglades and lastly think I'd like to do some family pictures of us in Tennessee national state park in the mountains and on our farm in Asheville, I want to be able to have many more first times with the family and I think winning the mini mavic would be a great first start.

If I won the mini I would use it for quick aerial site photos and video at construction sites, property assessments and exploration; which is a daily activity for me.  The advantage to me is the time savings of set up and simplicity of operation and transport.