Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

On 2/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

On 2/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

2 hours ago, Guideboat said:

If I won the mini I would use it for quick aerial site photos and video at construction sites, property assessments and exploration; which is a daily activity for me.  The advantage to me is the time savings of set up and simplicity of operation and transport. 

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

I want this drone for fun and family.  I have been telling my friends for a while now that I wanted a drone but never seem to have enough of the $$$ to get one.  Love to win!!

Dear UAV Coach,

I am a professor at a small, public, liberal arts college (The Evergreen State College). I had a great time gaining my certification through your awesome classes. I would use a Mavic mini to teach students about emerging drone technologies. I do research at Mount St Helens and have been able to start flying to create orthophotos and do plant distribution analysis with a permit to fly in the monument (Necessary! No drone zone otherwise!). I have to hike in quite a ways to get to my research sites, and the Mavic mini would be perfect! Thanks for your consideration! -Carri

Hello!

If i were to win the Mavic Mini, it would be an excellent tool for my business. I am currently in the process of obtaining my part 107 for drone real estate photography/videography. It would be perfect to fly indoors, especially the larger high-end homes. Also it would be a fun toy for the family and to take on our camping trips!

Cheers!

I plan on donating my free mini to my fire departments drone team that uses them on large scale fires, urban search and rescue, wild land fires, training, and more. I am an avid drone operator that is part 107 licensed and a part of the fire department drone team. The issue that we struggle with most is funding and drones that will be utilized for training. Great opportunity to help us get the program running smoothly. 

Practice!  The DJI Mavic Mini seams like the perfect model to practice and hone my flying skills. I recently used UAV Coach to study and PASS, on my first attempt, the FAA Unmanned Aircraft certification.  The last step i need to complete to receive my UAV certification is the flight test.  I doesn’t own a drone at this time but have been eyeing the DJI drone models and the mini looks like an excellent fit.  I have my figures crossed. 

thanks UAV for all your support and the training. 

Hello,

I would take the new DJI Mavic Mini on international pleasure trips. 

Drone laws in countries such as Switzerland are a bit more lenient for drones under 250 grams.

Also, the compact drone size doesn't usually attract unwanted attention from curious passersby ... 

Edited by neweye

With so many new regulations coming along with existing regs, the Mini would be perfect for a recreational pilot....me. Small size will be perfect in backpack when traveling on my motorcycle. 

I would use mainly to video and for photos.  

Love this site. Most of what I read here is not found elsewhere.  Always on the cuting edge with UAS news.

Hey there,

Firstly, it would definitely be a replacement for my Spark due to its similar size, but better quality. Secondly, I work in the field of Agriculture currently. It is very difficult to inventory our tree fields with a large drone due to the increased chance of hitting a tree and damaging the drone. That said, having the larger drone allows for better quality images and a longer battery life. Having the Mavic Mini would certainly help with longer battery life than my Spark, but would also allow to same maneuverability as my spark. Thirdly, I am heading into the field of disaster relief. While the Mavic Mini isn't perfect for the job, I feel like it is a strong contender due to its small size. Fourthly, I am also a freelancer on the side. Having a Mavic Mini would allow for me to improve my shots and look more professional due to a better image quality and flight time over the Spark. 

Good luck everyone and have a great day,

Kyle Beach