Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Good morning Chase and UAV fam. If I'm privileged to win the DJI mini, this will be another tool added that I can use to help me get one step closer to my goal of hopefully one day soon working solely for myself as a UAV pilot.  Also, it will be exciting to have a chance to operate a DJI drone. I currently have a Yuneec Drone which I really like, but I've also been really curious about how Dji drones fly and operate. So it will be fun to use this first for business and recreationally as well. 👍🏾

I fly drones for emergency response situations (bush fire, search and rescue, building integrity pre/post fire, etc.) . Having a mini would be really handy to throw into my emergency response bag to have onsite for any situation, especially when the emergency didn't originally appear like it required a full blown drone operation!

I would use the Mavic as part of my community outreach and responsibly drone use training program.  

I plan on taking this to Europe with me and take aerial photos of the journey to share online. Afterwards I would use it to take photos of the coastline and areas of interest around town.

Edited by Heightened Insight

I use a Mavic Pro 2 for my inspection business.  I would use the Mini for family and fun.  Keeping it with me in the car would afford many opportunities for family fun and videos.

It would be a great drone for travel photography and videos in our vineyards

Owning a DJI drone is what I have been dreaming of. I put them on my Amazon wish list all the time but haven't been in the position to purchase one yet. I took early retirement at my job due to a disability and would love to turn my passion for drones into a part-time or freelance career. I have started studying to take the unmanned pilot license test. Winning this drone would go a long way to helping me get back on my feet. I have an inexpensive drone I use for practice now but a Mavic mini would open up so many more opportunites both personal/hobby and business.  

Thank you for this opportunity!

The DJI product line is great.  I would use the Mavic Mini for training, practice flying and show others the fun and joy of flying a drone. Would be a great tool for sharing the adventure with friends and family along with school kids. This is also a great way to promote the Drone Pilot Ground School which I have nothing but high praise for.  Their training is awesome and spot on.

I would love to start a business flying. I have very little experience flying but have taken a thermal imaging class and would like to incorporate that into my drone business. But without much time flying I feel the need to start small and get down some skills. 

I would LOVE a mini! I would use the DJI mavic mini to supplement my growing drone business. Flying for real estate can be challenging when you have tight spots that need to be shot during a job. The mini would address this problem and it would be the perfect size when traveling. I also teach a class for recreational users on how to fly safely in the NAS. Would be awesome to include the mini in my class for those who are looking to purchase, or already have a drone, that maybe overwhelmed by the technology that the other mavics in the series presents. 

Edited by ruannlu

This would be a great opportunity to get my wife into flying drones. I fly for business and she wants to fly for pleasure (loves photography) but is intimidated to fly mine. This would give her an easier starting point and a whole new layer to her photography. 

For sure I would love to own and fly the DJI Mavic Mini. I've had several cheaper, starter drones, but they all have their shortcomings... Especially with navigation. This may not have all the features of the Pro, but it's leagues beyond a starter drone!

I will fly this drone as my stepping stone to getting and flying the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Can't wait to win!

The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is an auxiliary of the US Airforce and is comprised of unpaid Volunteer senior members (older than 18) and cadets (13-18 age).  We do emergency services, aerospace education and cadet programs. We have started a drone program to incorporate sUAS in the services CAP provide - however it takes time and equipment to get this in full operational mode. I belong to Group 8 of the California wing.  While other group in other states  have been successful in getting the program going, we still are at infancy because currently  we only have one DJI 3 (one battery)  to train on.  An extra drone would be great to be able to provide more hands -on training to senior members and cadets to be ready when a real need arise.

If I get a drone then: i will check out some places which i can’t with my eyes( for example what is behind a wall) or i would shoot some epic vids of sunset. There is a lot of situations in my Life where drone is needed so DJI mavic mini would be perfect for me. 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

I will use the drone to capture family fun time 

I would use it to nonintentionally trigger some dolt who thinks I'm trying to spy on him, with a wide angle lens, from 250 feet in the air. 

Moving over Alaska’s varying terrain using different modes of transportation requires careful planning of gear to be carried. My phantom 4 often gets left behind because of its size and my desire to keep my load light. There are many missed opportunities to capture the moment because of this. With the mini I would be able to share more of those moments and experiences with others. 

Edited by Brian Winnestaffer

I'd love to get my hands on the Mavic mini, see the new features it has to offer, and share it with others to show how much fun drones are to fly. I have a Mavic Pro and just got my 107. My passion is photography and adding aerial photos would be a big boost. Also I want to add it to my business.