Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Thanks to UAV Coach online training I passed my FAA certification last year first try!  I am now a freelance commercial pilot flying a Mavic 2 Pro and my granddaughter loves to fly it.  This mini would be for her!

if i am the fortunate winner of this little beauty, i would use it to end famine and suffering in the world and bring global peace. how selfish of my other flyers to think of themselves and what they would do  with it.......

nah, we would all just love to have another drone. we only need 1 more, just like guitars.

thanks again UAV folks!!!

Hello!

If I were to win the DJI Mavik Mini I would send it to my 30+ year old son. He was involved in a life threatening vehicle accident and is 4 months into 9-12 months of intense PT to regain strength and mobility after shattering his pelvis and arm. Depending on how he recoups, he may not be able to return to his current profession (Harley Davidson mechanic) and is looking at becoming a commercial drone operator as a second career. The Mavik Mini would be a perfect platform to learn piloting skills and also provide a distraction during his rehab.

Thanks!

Edited by Brian Keeffe

I would have a drone to fly around for fun! I’ve always shot with large expensive drones so having something fun to play around with and really enjoy the flying aspect of having a drone would be a fantastic switch! 

I’m a Tuskegee Airmen and my chapter is hosting a first annual Tuskegee Drone Camp for 16 middle schoolers from 14-17 August in in Hampton Virginia.  I and other FAA certified drone pilots are donating our time to teach 7th-9th graders basic aviation and drone piloting skills.  Our drone of choice is the Mavic Mini.  Although our regional Tuskegee headquarters has committed to the bulk of the funding required for our 4-day camp; the funding to buy six Mavic Mini’s has yet to materialize.  I pilot a Mavic 2 Pro for recreation and demonstrations in Newport News and Hampton school districts in order to spur interest among local youngsters about drone utilization and general aviation.  The drone camp we’re hosting in August is meant to grow interest in drone aviation and eventually establish an after school Drone program year round.  So if I’m selected for the drone giveaway it will be donated to our chapter for use by youth in our upcoming drone camp.  
v/r 

Clifton Douglas, Col, USAF (Ret) Tuskegee Airmen-Tidewater Chapter

How many times have I been out doing something not remotely associated with photography when I saw a setting just begging me to take a picture or a quick video, and this drone would make it possible to carry equipment ready to fly and snap pictures.

I would take a step forward in my drone hobby with my new mavic mini. I currently have a larger (at least compared to the mini!) camera drone without a stabilized camera. I feel with the mini I will drone fly more often and in more places because of the portability and quality of the video. I would also feel like I have a good platform to take some courses here at UAVCoach.  Good luck to all!

Edited by Shawnerrific

I would use it as my daily-tag-along drone so it’s handy any time I need to get a commercial photo or fly recreationally.  My other drones, batteries, and support equipment stay in storage until I need them.  The mini would live in a case I take with me everyday.

Hello, 

Winning this raffle would be incredible, and would be using the drone in the consulting business. Mostly focused on the construction industry, the drone would come in useful for aerial surveying and marketing purposes.

Thank you for this opportunity.

-Mike

I would love to win the mini to teach other people how to fly a drone safely. Often people come to watch my friend and I fly and it would be heavenly to be able to allow them to learn to fly a less complicated drone than the Mavic 2 pro. I recently got my Part 107 license.

I am a motorcycle  enthusiast riding with others almost every weekend. A drone would be a great companion as a way to document the group riding through the mountains or around turns. Birdseye views and angles not available to mere mortals would be a thrill to all.

Hello. My name is Juan. If I was to win this drone, I would use it to relearn how to use drones. I use to have the dji spark. I loved it. It was a really cool beginner drone. unfortunately I had to sell it to buy a washer and dryer that we desperately needed last year. I  plan on finding some job that involves drones. I love flying them. Winning this drone would help me get back into using drones and becoming more familiar with them. 

If I won the Mavic Mini I'd like to use it to introduce older folks, maybe at senior living centers, to the sport.

I would definitely use this as the family camera. I still remember when camcorders cost about twice this or more. Now, with the family growing and able to go more places camping and hiking, this would be my ideal ‘camcorder’ for all our family outings. Good luck to everyone!

I would love to use a DJI Mavic Mini as a tool in my community kids work!  My wife and I run a small Capoeira (African-Brazilian Martial Arts and Dance) program and we have been looking for a tool to use to take dynamic pictures and video of our kid's classes and performances.  Capoeira is a beautiful art form that would be beautifully captured by a beautiful device like the Mavic Mini! 

Professionally, I am an aerospace engineer and a certified remote pilot.  We work with UAS at work but I do not have a vehicle of my own.  I would love to introduce the kids in my program to the other side of my work (engineering and aeronautics) while using the Mavic Mini as a device to help capture and share our art!

If I won, I would give the Mavic Mini to a someone in my community who wants to get into the hobby, but might not have the resources to do so. Always a believer in growing the love for the hobby. And to do it with kindness? Not much better than that.

I'm a drone hobbyist /enthusiast who has been flying since first DJI phantom (first with no video, then GoPro, then FPV system had to install myself). Now FAA certified. If I won would carry drone Hiking, biking, trail running (places where not feasible to carry larger drone) to capture footage as yet unseen. :)

If I win I’d like to start practicing drone photography and videography. Flying is fun on its own but I like the visual storytelling possibilities and want to explore them more!

I’m also interested in how they can be used in real estate and construction purposes. So many possibilities!!

I work for a community college’s cable TV station. We don’t really have much of a budget, and we’d love to try this to improve the shoots we’re now starting to do to improve the interest and quality of our college’s productions. 

Robert

I would attach LED Lights to the mini and Drone paint at Joshua tree with My DJI phantom PRO 4  and Sony DsLR camera !  Creat art and experiment creating new photographic opportunities!

Best

Sion Michel, ACS

www.sionmichel.com