Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We want to thank everyone for being apart of our community and for entering our DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! The winner will be announced on Saturday, February 29th here on the forum and in our weekly new

Aviation admiring,  flying knowledge desiring,  I look to UAV Coach everyday. With dreams of acquiring, the skills I’m requiring,  to fly commercially someday.

I fly drones for work, but I've been looking at getting one for personal use. This drone would be used for fun and to get me familiar with the use of sticks as I use a tablet for the drones at work.

Posted Images

Every year me and two lifelong friends go on trips around the United States. I would use the Mavic Mini to take amazing videos and pictures to show everyone how great it is being out in the wilderness and can hope to inspire more people!

If I were to win this drone, it would give me the opportunity to bring a drone on family vacations. I make a highlight video for my parents, in-laws, kids, and wife of each family vacation we take together. Unfortunately, the drone normally gets left home because it’s too hard to travel with my phantom and all of the kids’ stuff. I have two young kids, so all of their travel stuff takes the priority. Having a smaller drone like this would allow me to travel with a drone and get drone footage for our vacation videos too. I always want to bring my drone, it’s just not possible usually due to the size. 

If I win the raffle, I would use the DJI Mavic Mini to practice my new drone flying and photography skills. (I just completed Part 107 certification and am also a commercial pilot.)

Extreme endurance runs in the backcountry are increasing in popularity at the same time grizzly bears are expanding into new areas in the west. the last few years, several backcountry runners have been mauled to death by grizzly bears. I am making a short video on safe backcountry mountain running in grizzly country. This is to save runners, but also bears. I need the smallest, lightest gear to get this done, and the magic mini will do the trick!

Vital-Ground-02.jpg
Jeremy Roberts

Conservation Media, LLC

I would use the DJI mini, because of its light weight, to continue enjoying the R/C hobby in case the FAA does impose all the proposed restrictions in the NPRM. I currently enjoy aerial photography and videography with my Mavic, and would love to continue if these rules do take effect. 

Would use it everyday to practice flying. Carry it always with me as it is small and right away ready to fly and try to capture some out of ordinary moments that require fast setup and quick take off. Also use it for indoor flights as it looks perfect with size and flight performance for this activity. 

I would use it to learn to fly as entry level and image local landscapes.  Then begin to train and certify for using it for our business, eventually this would be and expansion of tools for my photography.

What would I do with it if I won? Not sure. Probably just take it with me when traveling. My Mavic Pro 2 is too big in some situations, seems the mini would be more practical.

Also have a first gen Phantom that's broken. I think its salvageable ($50 if someone is interested), but not sure. Flew it once; first flight up and a suicidal terrorist bird smacked it. Drone is busted but GoPro survived.   I'm not about to fix it.

But back to the point of this comment. It would be fairly convenient/fun to have a smaller, reliable drone to use.

I will donate it to our local fire department who are developing a Public Service Drone Team to serve our Central Oregon Coastal communities.  They will be able to use it as a Trainer Aircraft to train new pilots in the finer points of Fire & Rescue sUAS Services.

Vern

As a career tech teacher I have been using small parrot mini drones without cameras. I would love to have one that students could use with video indoors. We have been discussing the various applications for outdoor drone use but with a camera drone we could explore indoor techniques for first responders in school settings.

hi there

if i win the Mavic mini i will use it as a tool to record our pre flight missions and also 

replace my gopro set up i would love to have a mini it would fit in beautifully within my drone collection as a advance commercial drone pilot i own several Dji S1000 and i small tello also a wide range of different small drones i must admit i love the hobby i love everything that relates to drones its my strongest pasion , also if i win the Mavic mini i will donate or raffle one of my other drones (small one) none of my big ones lol..

happy and safe flying everyone 😉 

On 2/19/2020 at 3:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

Hi, if I was able to win the Mavic Mini, I would use it to help increase my drone flying skills, help teach others how to fly, and hopefully start doing jobs for other people using drone videography and filmography. I'm really interested in the drone industry, and I'm hoping to use Drone Pilot Ground School to help me get my Part 107 and get involved. Thanks for your offer!

If I won the Mavic Mini I would take video and pictures of my cousin's wedding. Along with the wedding I would use the mini for favorable video and pictures of my property and other properties that I'm hired to video. The main reason I'd love to win this mini is because I'd take it on family vacations and take pictures and videos of our family to create wonderful memories.

I live at Puerto Rico. In 2017 Hurricane Maria gave us beating. Here we are yet. 2020 brought in a new challenge a small earthquake. We are still recuperating one and a half month later. Since that issue our mayor opened a course on Radio Communication. One of the question was, Why would I take that course, well simple in case of an emergency. 2017 on Maria some spectacular news worthy clips were take with drone. It help us see our island and collect information for rescuers to advance and do their job.

I am working with a beach clean up non-profit in Hawaii, and I would use the mavic mini to collect imagery for a machine learning algorithm our team is working on to automatically detect and classify marine debris. We have a Microsoft AI for Earth Grant for data processing, but need a UAV for collecting aerial imagery. Once our algorithm is working well, we'll have an online API where people from anywhere can upload their imagery to count and classify trash on their beaches. We'd supper appreciate this mavic mini.