Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We want to thank everyone for being apart of our community and for entering our DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! The winner will be announced on Saturday, February 29th here on the forum and in our weekly new

Aviation admiring,  flying knowledge desiring,  I look to UAV Coach everyday. With dreams of acquiring, the skills I’m requiring,  to fly commercially someday.

I fly drones for work, but I've been looking at getting one for personal use. This drone would be used for fun and to get me familiar with the use of sticks as I use a tablet for the drones at work.

Posted Images

If I won the mini I would use it to take aerial shots of my house at Christmas to get a better shot of all the decorations and I would love to use it to video my Jeep Comanche rock crawling and exploring through the woods. The mavic mini is the perfect drone to just carry in a backpack wherever you go so you never miss a chance for an epic aerial shot. 

I would use the portability of the mini to improve my flying while having fun with my family. This would be a fantastic travel companion and would most likely reside in my truck waiting for the next adventure.

I recently completed the drone pilot course which was excellent (I got a 98).  I regularly fly a DJI Phantom 4 and find it too large to travel with.  The DJI Mavic Mini is the perfect size continue my work in real estate development when airline travel required.

Thanks again for producing.  Such a great training syllabus to prepare for the Part 107 written.

I'd like to try the Mini as a "FPV racer" substitute. I know that wasn't its intended purpose, but it would be very interesting to see how it stacks up against the commercially available racers out there. DJI builds quality stuff, and I have no doubt that the Mini is in the same catagory. I hope I win!

The Mavic Mini!  What would I do with it?  I really love its portability, just like the entire Mavic line, and in addition to the Pro 2 that I recently upgraded to, the Mavic Mini would be a great tool for teaching.  I do a lot with educating and mentoring females and girls on the UAV industry, and I find the most important part is just getting the drone into their hands.  With its small profile and light weight, it takes some of the intimidation factor away and presents in a less overwhelming manner than other larger drones.  It has great quality images and video so for those girls possibly looking at utilizing those features for a future career, it's a good starting point to hone their skills and learn the basics of storytelling and editing without a huge investments.  With the Mavic Mini they can hone their skills and then upgrade when they need to.  It's really a great starting point for getting these drones into the hands of the next generation, as well as exposing women to it in an easy and non-threatening manner.

On 2/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

I would be using the drone for combination purposes. Personally I would use it for family outings and trips to help make memorable videos. As well as aerial fishing videos. 

more responsibly I would use it in support to the fire department. Closer recon of hazmat incidents without risking personnel. Searching for better launch points for rescue boats. Aerial oversight for wildland fires and wide area searches. Anything is possible. 

I've been doing surface RC for a good portion of my life and have recently started exploring drones.  I'm very interested in possibly starting a career as a drone pilot.  A Mavic Mini would be a great step up from the Tello that I've been practicing with!

Hi,  looking to do some traveling this year and the Mavic Mini would be great to take along to get those awesomely different points of view photographs. its small size will be perfect to travel with!

I like little drones and I cannot lie, you other brothers are my alibi. When a drone flies into an itty bitty space, there's a big smile on my face... I get stung! With my facial scruff, you notice my transmitter was stuffed? Deep with the apps I'm using, I'm hooked and I can't stop cruising. Oops lady, I damn near clipped ya... by taking your picture. Perlman tried to warn me but that DJI makes me so sporty!

Just couldn't resist... so, If I'm picked to be the winner, I'll fly for fun. That is unless you guys think I have a future career in singing?

112.jpg

Hi Coach,

If I win the mini I would use it in a project that I am working on.  We live in a beautiful lake area but the geese are ruining some of the mana cured yards. I am working on a humane way of moving  and tracking these geese to the uninhabited areas for their own safety as well as making the homeowners relieved of a big cleanup issue. 

This drone would be perfect for observing some of the work projects where I'm currently working . Also, I recently was camping in the mountains of Arizona and a look at the jeep trails I traveled to get to my prospecting/camping area would have helped me 'find the line' to drive over the rocks. All in All this seems to be the perfect drone for my everyday use.  Tim Parker

I do a fair amount of hiking and traveling around the U.S. -  the mini would be a fantastic tool to take along where permitted to get some beautiful footage and further refine flight skills, especially with the compact size.  

As a volunteer with the Boy Scouts of America, I would use the DJI Mavic Mini as a learning tool for the youth.  It would allow them to expand the knowledge of drones, allow for them to interpret real-world obstacles when we hike, and to let them see from a different perspective, what the did during a rafting trip.  Thanks for your consideration.