Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

UAV Coach and fellow drone pilots and enthusiasts - 

I got my first taste of flying drones when my nephew brought his DJI Mavic on our summer vacation to Florida.  It was fascinating and intriguing and I knew instantly that I wanted to learn more.  So, I enrolled in the Drone Pilot Ground School later that fall and then got my Part 107 certification the following January.  My nephew knew how serious I was so he actually shipped his DJI Spark to me, which he wasn't flying anymore, and off I went.  I instantly knew that I wanted to make this more than a hobby.  So, I've been keeping my eye on the industry and keeping abreast of the advances in SUAS technology.  I still have my day job as a system analyst/data engineer, but I would like to fly drones commercially as I transition into retirement.  If I am lucky enough to win the Mavic Mini, I would fly it safely and responsibly and use it continue to advance my knowledge in this growing industry.  I believe SUAS technology is still in its infancy and will continue to grow and open up new areas to help make our lives more fruitful.

Thank you for continuing to make a difference so others can benefit.

Cheers! 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

If I win it i'll give it to one of my boys, they all love my mavic 2 pro

If I was to win this Drone I would give it tm Son, so he could experience the fun and rewards that you get from flying Drones.  I use my Phantom 4 in my Home Inspection business and it has opened up new avenues for me.  If he had a Drone he would be hooked for life.

Chuck Seaman

CS & Associates Home Inspections

If I win, I'll use the mini for both work and recreation. I think the mini would be great for getting into some tight areas related to the type of surveys I do.

I am a Mavic Pro owner and user for the last three years.  I am entering into a mock-up prototype phase of developing a new hull design for large ships. The Mini would allow me to monitor if a minor change to the hull can affect the amount of drag. Although I will be using multiple sensors to document the results, having a HD visual that  won't get in the way (as a tripod for the camera would) I can relocate rapidly would be very helpful. Because it is a MIni I can use it indoors easily and 30 minutes would be very helpful to show my results vs. statistical data. 

I am a Police Officer with the City of Santa Maria, CA. We currently just created a sUAS program and currently have 2 Enterprises for use. We are still building this program and using it for public safety. We are on a grant budget as of now through our police association and only had enough to start with the basics. We would love to have a Mini on our list of equipment and use it to assist in many different ways.

If I won the raffle I would give my Phantom 3 Pro to my nephew who is just starting to get into drones. We fly together a lot, and I feel as though he’s ready for a drone with a camera. I still need a personal drone though, and that’s why I’m entering my raffle. I love the size and specs - so why not enter? Fingers crossed.  

I would definitely use while traveling especially abroad where the suitcase space is minimal but views are asking for drone images. 

If I win the DJI Mavic Mini, I will be using it for business. I evaluate large commercial property damage typically from insurance claims. 

I am in the process of acquiring my FAA part 107 license and trying to get a drone business started, this little drone with be a great addition to my collection.

If I received the DJI Mavic mini, I would use it to get aerial video and stills of the Mojave desert and any other travels I would go on. I would use the drone to film my band for promo and music videos and of elopements in Las Vegas. If I didn’t get it, I’ll still eventually buy my own drone and get the shots I’m imagining about. Have a great day everyone!

As a rookie commercial drone pilot trying to break into realestate photography, I could use the DJI Mini to hone my skills practicing flight patterns, and photography. I could also use it to get my wife involved and knowledgeable about droning. Thank You for this opportunity.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:19 AM, Ben finnemore said:

Hi if i do win the mavic mini i Would use it for taking pics of my family. Right now i have a phantom 3 but i broke. I have tried  to do every thing i can. I would also fly it just for fun. I love drones but i don't have the money to spend on them. I'm 14 and from Maine. My obsession with drones started when my uncle bought his first drone. He let me fly it around for a few mins and i just fell in love with drone sens. 

• Like 1

I’m a novice drone pilot but a professional architect and a photographer. I’ve been eager to explore building details when I become a better pilot. I’ve had one personal lesson with an instructor I found through UAV Coach. May this drone be mine?

Edited by Renee

I travel quite a bit and the mini would be great to fly around for when I have some downtime after work. Looks very easy to store in carryon. Would love to try this out. 

Daytime Search and Rescue operations, particularly obtaining terrain intelligence and discovering signs of where a lost person(s) might have wandered when. there are multiple options ahead and covering all on foot is impractical.  The Mini is small enough to slip into a pack with minimal impact (ounces are pounds and pounds are pain).  The unit could even be worn on a belt for faster deployment.  The drone holds up well in wind and the camera is more than suitable for quick scan and discovery.  Flight time on a single battery is also suitable for multiple quick deployments without a change.  Spare battery is light as well.