Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

I have never owned a drone but use them at work and am a part 107 certificate holder. I love to fly and collect data, but if I were to win I would use this for my family and/or whatever else I would need. I could even use it as a demo in my intro to UAS 100 class, show them what's available on the market.

Currently I drive a lot of miles - 30k a year or so. I have a drone for work, a Phantom 4, but it is large and a bit cumbersome to carry around day to day and fly on a whim. I would use the Mavic Mini to be able to pull over when I see a nice shot and take some aerial video when a nice view presents itself! 

If I WIN the Mini I plan on using it this summer to film our outdoor family events. We have a baseball field and park right in front of our home and used my work DJI Mavic Pro 2 to film my daughter last summer. I also plan on using it for work purposes, last summer I filmed the TurfaceGrounds Crew finalizing the SEC Tournament field over in Hoover, AL. Check my first amateur video -  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ars4lns2cb39qv9/SEC-FullWide4.mp4?dl=0 . I actually got my Pilot's license last June, so I can't wait until summer to go back out again...hopefully with my new small drone!  How cool would that be!!!

We have an Inspire 1 Raw and a Mavic 2. The Inspire is great for outdoor flight in higher altitudes because it can withstand a the wind and maintain a nice smooth picture. The Mavic 2 is great for lower flights because it is easy to control the speed. I would primarily use the MINI for indoor flights. We also have two DJI handheld gimbals. We work with a lot with furniture store clients and car lots that the MINI could easily help up capture.

I would use the Mavic Mini to take pictures of places I go, my family, and holiday family get togethers. I could finally live my dream of becoming 'that family member' who's always getting out their drone at family events (haha).  More importantly I'd love to inspire my two little girls and get them interested in uav technology.  I'm a GIS analyst and UAV pilot, but I haven't been able to buy a drone for personal use so my kids only know what mom does by watching videos. 

I would use the Mavic Drone Mini for a variety of personal and business operations. I have been looking to implement a program at my work for some time and have tested out other models and versions and have heard many great reviews about Mavic products. I was even interested in purchasing a used Mavic Pro 1 to start using for collecting imaging, surveying information, at construction sites, around my campus and university, and for anyone who has a need to collect data. For personal use I would love to capture images and videos along the California coast, at parks, beaches, and tourist destinations. I am so excited to get a drone to begin the adventures!!

I do not currently have a drone. If I won the Mavic Mini I would use it to try and get different points of view in a garden. Having the small size of the drone would allow for some unique angles and to show a different side of nature than what is often shown using drones.

If I win I would give it to my boyfriend,  so we can fly together. Right now I have a mavic air which I have named O2. We plan on driving to Seattle in July, and then hop on a cruise for 7 days. I would love for us to both be able to get some awesome shots along the way. Then I plan on editing a family movie together of our trip.... i lost my job in November, and I'm shifting my career field into something more fun and interesting like being a drone pilot. 

If lucky enough to win the DJI Mavic Mini I'll be happy to put my drone skills to work by flying it for fun and maybe a little profit as well. I recently gained my Part 107 certification with the help of Alan Perlman and the folks at Ground Pilot Drone School and also guided the media outlet where I work towards the purchase of a new Mavic 2 Pro, which we received last week. I can see the Mavic Mini being a great way to enjoy the fun side of drone flying while also giving myself a possible second income source on the weekends. Thanks to UAV Coach and DJI for the chance to win!

Hi there
My name is Charl Meyer I live in Beautiful British Columbia Canada a little fishing town called Powell River, surrounded by lakes, ocean, waterfalls, iced capped mountains, hiking trails, nice beaches, islands and some wild life bears, eagles whales both humpbacks and killer whales, cougars, deer and wolf packs and lots of fish Salmon, Halibut, trout, some rock fish etc.. I also go to South Africa once every 2-3 years and see a lot of wild life there Lions, elephants, giraffes, rhinos and so on. It would be great to get a drone to get some aerial footage of all the beautiful animals and landscapes I am surrounded with. I did my basic unmanned aircraft license here in canada and passed but still don't own a drone. will keep my finger crossed. Thanks for the chance to win a mavic mini.