Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

I have big plans! I''ll fly it for fun and business. My project is to go to all the vineyards in the USA, Canada and Mexico, so I can document it, show the wine process and of course do interviews (all this show in a Social Media). In this case I would use a drone to take aerial pictures of the vineyard and the winery per se. Meanwhile I am trying to get into the drone business maybe for real state, so I can get more money faster and to do it as a freelancer while doing the travel for my project.

Hope I win!

I am at the end of my Drone Training with UAVCoach. Getting ready to take my FAA part 107 test. I have been practicing close quarters flying my with my Mavic Pro. The Mini would be good for honing and maintaining my control skills flying indoors during inclement weather.  Tried the MP indoors once...  once.  I take my MP on float trips for group shots and flybys.  The mini would be perfect for such outings and minimal space in transportation. Not to mention keeping it dry with a smaller container.  I have a grand daughter who is of age and grandson that is not old enough yet. but it would be perfect for them to get a taste of droning. (In a large field with limits set and close supervision LOL)

If I were to win the Mavic Mini, I would add it to my real estate photography business and also use it to travel on my motorcycle and capture images of my bike club at a memorial site. We are a bunch of high risk military/ police Officer and ride to many memorial sites to pay respect to the ones that gave it all for this great country! 

I currently work for an organization that put me through the Drone Pilot Ground School in order for me to work towards becoming certified, so I could fly commercially. Drone video and photography are becoming a huge part of what we do, but sometimes our Phantom 4 Pro is too big to carry to the places we travel, and the Mavic Mini would be perfect for spur of the moment aerial photography jobs. And as a bonus, I wouldn't have to leave it at the office at the end of the day :)

I am currently in training to get my part 107 license for work, but would love to have a drone to use personally.  My daughter is getting married in Jan, 2021, & I would love to be able to use the drone to take pictures from a different perspective than the wedding photographer will be capturing.

I’m a drone hobbyist who relies on UAV Coach to improve my knowledge and stay current with community issues.

If I do win the Mavic Mini I’ll use it to record and tell our family stories to my children and grandchildren in a way that’s way more interesting than forcing them to sit on the sofa and listen to Pops “drone” on about the past!

Edited by Wiley Creek
spelling error

Winning a DJI  mavi mini would really enhance my STEM education programming for high school and college students.  I could use to teach my students how to do agricultural plant counts, as well as, how to perform aerial mapping for plant structure evaluation.  My program has currently been using training students on DJI Tellos.  The addition of a DJI Mavic Mini would allow me to expand the STEM activities I can offer. 

LaShunda Anderson Hodges 

On 2/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

I recently quit my corporate job after 18 years and am going to do drone work on the side to start a business.  My business name is Here We Go LLC and I am super excited to start my new chapter.  I would use this drone to support myself from a financial standpoint.   Turning 50 this past year really made me want to do something fun for the rest of my life.  This drone would be an integral part of my real estate photography business.   Love the DJI drones!!!

On 2/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

I would use the mini to help train public safety UAV pilots within our Fire Department drone team. We would also use the mini to fly indoor missions or in some confines spaces.

Thank you, UAV coach team, for offering this Mavic Mini. I read a few reviews about it, and it looks like it is an excellent option to get some work literally "on the fly." Being a commercial drone pilot used to work with the Mavic Pro, I would consider an advantage to have a Mavic Mini to survey areas where I am planning to flight later on.

Best,

Ale

I will be shooting drone footage in beautiful Baja California Mexico. I have led adventure trips in Baja for many years and we get to photograph some amazing places and met the most kind people on the backroads. We would utilize this drone to get into the more difficult places like around that cliff  or while  kayaking with whale sharks in the Sea of Cortez. So many uses for this little drone. I'd like to shoot more footage to put together some cool videos showcase the natural beauty in Baja.

gracias!

Lorena

Hi, I’m an insurance adjuster, a home energy auditor, and a small general contractor. I used the UAV coach program to study for my FAA exam and when I took the test I passed with a 94! I already own a mavic pro, but sometimes when I travel for catastrophes and space is limited, I have little room for my drone and it’s accessories. I would love to have the mini for such occasions as it would be perfect for the type of work I do. Also I could then allow my son to play with my mavic pro! 

Hi, I’m an insurance adjuster, a home energy auditor, and a small general contractor. I used the UAV coach program to study for my FAA exam and when I took the test I passed with a 94! I already own a mavic pro, but sometimes when I travel for catastrophes and space is limited, I have little room for my drone and it’s accessories. I would love to have the mini for such occasions as it would be perfect for the type of work I do. Also I could then allow my son to play with my mavic pro!