Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

On 2/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

Studying for my  part 107 Drone license and hope to get 500 hours in flying and then start or work for a drone business to learn  and improve my flying skills. Great opportunities lay ahead for this industry.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

I currently do not have a drone and have been shopping for a starter drone. I have signed up for your online training class. My company wants me to get certified so I can take photos and for land surveying projects. This would be a drone I could start getting comfortable flying with before purchasing a Phantom for work purposes. So both personal and future work.

Edited by JohnB

Hello from Canada!

If i won this giveaway, I'd be very happy and I would use it for my first drone flight and I'd look to creating a business around it.
I do not own a drone right now but lately I've been really looking into it all.

The other day I was very close to buying a red Mavic Air but unfortunately realized I could't afford it.

I continued to do further research and realized that the drone for me, strangely enough, is the Mavic Mini as it is under 250g and has a camera that would be suitable for my desires right now. 
So to win this would be awesome and much appreciated.

Thank you for the opportunity!

The obvious answer would be... to film myself doing sweet karate moves in the backyard.

.... while cooking steaks

I would use this drone for both pleasure and work. Since obtaining my part 107,  I have been part of a start up company flying road projects , community fairs and events and most recently flying in our Nations Capital just a few short miles from the Capital and the White House doing roof inspections on a 100+ year old building.    I would integrate this little beast into the use of confined areas for further inspections not capable of being done with larger drones.   It would be a great addition!!!    Thanks, Craig (a pilot with Flying Fox UAV).  Look us up on most social media sites)

I am a drone enthusiast and have not been able to afford a beginning professional-level drone.  I would like to become more adept at both flying the Mini as well as using the camera.

What would I do with a DJI Mavic Mini?  How about what would I not do with one?  (That’d be a simpler answer.)  Here’s a drone made, specifically, for the first-timer.  It’s extremely lightweight — no need to register it.  And, it’s got pretty-much all of the bells & whistles of the bigger drones.  Initially, I’d use one of these around our home to photograph, aerially, all of our improvements — the clearing, the terracing, the garden, etc.  I’d also use it as part of that same process to get our (oldest) children involved in drone flight. And, then, I’d just like to flat-out explore the possibilities ...  There seem to be endless applications out there.  

I am a drone pilot for the police department I work for but the township I live in does not have a drone program. I would use this drone to assist them in search and rescue missions when I'm off duty. Then hopefully they would start a program lol.

I would use it for business and pleasure. I really enjoy flying and when I don't have work I'm flying getting hours in.

I would use it for family events, I already have a phantom 4 but sometimes it’s too big for Family gatherings. Not to mention that a smaller drone takes up less space and could bring it on my next vacation

We’re I to win the Mavic Pro Mini it would be used to film our dog Ginger performing amazing feats!

My employer has a mavic 2 zoom which I operate for work. I would love to have a drone for personal use and potentially as a source of additional income if it produces good enough photo/video. 

I just recently passed my part 107 to be able to fly commercially for work. Id use the drone for personal use to get some shots of scenery here in the Northwest Arkansas area.

Hello, my name is Gus from Denver CO, if I won the dron i´d use ir for expand a very interesant personal project i started last year, im creating online resources for international comunity, practical and theory in the most professional way posible and absolutly free and forever, i want to make it for the most unfortunate people who doesnt have access for technology in remote countries and towns, actually im an aeroespace engineer and helicopter pilot and find drones is a very interestant way to resolve every days problems in aerospace industry.

This would be my first drone. I would used it to gain skills to record memoires,  search and explore where I live on the Outer Banks and gain the experience needed to start part time work in my area eventually.

Hey fellow fliers!!!!! If I were to win the Mavic Mini I would go straight to skyline drive in Shenandoah, Va and start recording...... I would  love to traverse down into the valley and take some amazing videos! I would do soooo much more but i'll keep it short.... Much Love to Everyone out there and good luck!!!!!

If I was selected as the winner I would use the Mavic Mini as a teaching tool as well as use it for my own when traveling. 

I am fairly new to the drone industry and have only had my Part 107 for about 7 months. But I am so excited to keep expanding my knowledge base and continue to grow in this industry.

I would use this as a stepping stone to jumpstart changing my career from IT to actually doing something I like - start out flying for fun, learning the ropes, & then commercially.