Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

The mavic mini unlocks the possibility of having a drone in your back pocket.  The size of this little guy is what intrigues me as I would carry it everywhere  with me documenting mostly my city and place of living but also any world travels I embark on.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We want to thank everyone for being apart of our community and for entering our DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! The winner will be announced on Saturday, February 29th here on the forum and in our weekly new

Aviation admiring,  flying knowledge desiring,  I look to UAV Coach everyday. With dreams of acquiring, the skills I’m requiring,  to fly commercially someday.

I fly drones for work, but I've been looking at getting one for personal use. This drone would be used for fun and to get me familiar with the use of sticks as I use a tablet for the drones at work.

Posted Images

I would love the Mavic mini to be able to get a bit more adventurous with my drone photography! Currently my one & only drone is the Mavic Pro which I take all precautions with to not crash or lose while flying over the beaches & bays of Long Island. If I had the Mavic mini I would do more architectural videography where I can fly more comfortable indoors & in smaller spaces, especially through windows & around low objects. 

I would use it for work and fun. I am a police detective and one of 3 FAA 107 pilots at my agency. I would use the Mini for interior building searches and as a back-up to Mavic we use for search and rescue and other outdoor searches. Then there is always the family trips and adventures getting good pictures and videos of the kids.

I am currently studying to get my drone license for commercial purposes. I have found a new love for drones and I’m excited to incorporate it to my production life. I would use it for commercial purposes but would also like to fly for fun from time to time. 🤙🛸 

What would I do if I won a free DJI Drone?  Fly way more then I already am.  I fly our drone for our real estate company and enjoy the freedom that it gives you for seeing the world in a whole new way.  I want my kids to experience that too.  So I would use it to teach my kids how to fly a drone and create memories with it.  I would also use it to help friends learn and experience flying a drone while getting them plugged into the drone community. 

I will give this drone to my dad.  I will teach him how to safely fly.  He will use this Mavic mini to check on our cows and goats in the far back pastures on our Iowa farm.  This will save us time, improve situational awareness, and improve safety by making less long treks on foot to the back of the property.  He always wants to use my drones (I am an FAA certified commercial drone pilot) and I am very leery allowing anyone else to pilot my own UAVs, for liability reasons.  Dad is very fascinated with drones and enjoys viewing the world from above.  Next year he will be 70.  This would also give my dad and I a common hobby, something we both need, to break up life's serious adulthood moments.  Thank you for your consideration.  God Bless.  Stay Safe.  Fly Free.

If I were to win the Mavic Mini I would use it for both personal and business use. I currently run a company utilizing drones for land surveying. The mini would be a great addition to the fleet as it would be much easier to fly to investigate a certain area, without having to use one of the surveying drones.

Coupled with the use in the field for the company I would also use it for some fun with my family, and some side projects. Most of the hikes, or locations we go, it is too cumbersome to bring a full size drone with us. The mini fits the need perfectly!

Hello,

I just recently moved to Southern California this winter and if I were to win the Mavic Mini I would take it with me everywhere! It seems like the perfect gadget to bring along on hikes, or trips to the beach to capture some absolutely amazing shots. This would be a great way for me to continue my passion for UAS flying because of its versatility. Good luck to everyone!

I enjoy traveling the country with my wife on motorcycle (Honda Gold Wing). Being able to experience the outdoor freedom is great and having the opportunity to get aerial views as well with a drone. I enjoy talking video's or just taking photographs during our travels. Our world is such a wonder to explorer!  Being able to share with others is always rewarding in itself.  Having a DJI Mavic mini would make a great companion during travels.... Being able to fly for fun and sharing what you see can be exciting as well.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Greetings, I am have been enrolled in Alan's Drone pilot school for a couple of years. I read his posts every week and I have learn how to be a safe drone pilot. Alan's post  is where I saw the link to this contest. My fascination with things that fly started with RC gliders and Hangliders. A few years ago I started flying/crashing/rebuilding/flying/not crashing RC Helicopters. Recently my kids gave me a Parrot Mini Drone which was an amazing intro to taking aerial pics and photos. Sadly Parrot has abandoned their minis.  If I am selected I will be using the Mavic Mini to document small residential scale construction projects. Aerial Pics and Videos are a great way to document the sequence of construction projects. I have a project that has just started in Santa Monica CA. I plan to take pictures of the pouring of concrete, wall construction, roof framing, etc.  This project will be going on for the next 6 months.  I am an excellent pilot and I will take great care of this drone, If anything goes wrong I also have the tools and knowledge to repair so this will not be shelf ware. I am an architect (day job)  so I will be using this for design and construction projects and sharing the information with others. For fun I enjoy flying RC gliders and Helicopters so I will also try taking pics and video of other RC flyers at some of my favorite fly venues around So Cal.  

Best Regards and Safe Flying,

Nat

(Batwing)

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

I would love to use the mini to take beautiful stills and add a new perspective to my landscape/wedding photography business.  I think having a new tool will only grow my desire to want to get out and shoot as well add a bit of creativity to my business without sacrificing a lot of room for a larger drone.

Thank you!

Daniel

I fly for work. I would use the new Mavic mini for fun and to teach my kids how to fly responsibly. Also I would love to add a fishing line release to the drone so that when I take the kids fishing, I can still cast the furthest! 

I would love to have a Mini as I have not yet bought a drone for myself yet.  I fly one for my job on rare occasions and I do love being able to fly around and take aerial images of my surroundings.  If I had a mini I'd fly in to hard-to-reach places in the Snake River Canyon and create some awesome videos for my kids and family.  It would be a great sharing experience to be able to explore some of the places here.