Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We want to thank everyone for being apart of our community and for entering our DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! The winner will be announced on Saturday, February 29th here on the forum and in our weekly new

Aviation admiring,  flying knowledge desiring,  I look to UAV Coach everyday. With dreams of acquiring, the skills I’m requiring,  to fly commercially someday.

I fly drones for work, but I've been looking at getting one for personal use. This drone would be used for fun and to get me familiar with the use of sticks as I use a tablet for the drones at work.

Posted Images

I'm planning on doing some field inspections this summer for my second "part time" job, row crop farming 275 acres of corn & soybeans.  The DJI Mavic Mini would be a great size to have in the car coming home from my first job for the impromptu scouting flights.

I'll navigate legal airspace so hard if I win it, might even travel the world with it, make it my best friend take it to dinner and movies. I will also promote the heck out of UAV coach as it is hands down the best Part 107 prep and knowledge center. Also prep more skilled flights before taking them on with a more expensive DJI drone

What a fun opportunity to experiment with new  & more intimate drone techniques! I've been thinking about using the mavic mini in a professional way but for more authentic and personal shots. Since it is so small it is much more approachable, less intimidating and unobtrusive to the subjects being filmed. It will be an awesome addition to the other drones I have with each one having a specific place in the professional workflow. I love this little guy and the possibilities it opens up!

It would be so cool to win a Mavic Mini as an extra reward for recently passing my Part 107 knowledge exam (with the help of Drone Pilot Ground School)! 

I would absolutely love to have a Mini for tossing in my backpack and taking on hiking adventures out here in the PNW.  I could also use it for work (we build GCS software).  

• Like 1

I spend a ton of time out in the Oregon wilderness. Larger airframes aren't a great fit for packing in and exploring nature, but the mini changes all that. This drone would be a constant hiking companion for me. I'm a part 107 pilot with a ton of logged hours on various airframes, so I promise that I'd not only get good solid entertainment value out of it, but do so safely and responsibly. 

Edited by mikemo61885

I have two teenaged girls that would love to fly, but are intimidated with my larger more expensive drones. If I won the Mavic mini it would give them something that wouldn't scare them. Something too fly for the fun to grow and get more confident. 

If I won the mini we'd utilize it in our conservation work such as flying to monitor our preserves and conservation easements for habitat changes and capture amazing environmental landscapes to promote our work. We currently fly a DJI Inspire 1 v2 and though this is an awesome machine, having the flexibility to take the mini into any situation no matter how far we have to hike or boat into, would be awesome!

I'd love to win a Mavic Mini. It would augment my inspection offerings by using it inside large buildings to look at the roof structure, or anything else, up that high. This little baby will keep me off those 25 foot high ships ladders. Having 2 drones to use for my customers, how profitable is that?

I'm on a county emergency team of drone pilots. Right now I'm just a Visual Observer, because I don't yet have my 107 certification. I would love to have a mini to practice with (personal equipment).
A mini also might be just the thing for quick and dirty preliminary flights, while waiting for the official equipment to arrive. Is it more nimble? Could I use it in tight quarters where a full-size drone might not have clearance (even indoors)? Or perhaps, in conditions where there is a chance that the drone might be lost and we don't want to send up one of the very expensive drones? 
Being smaller and lighter than a standard Mavic, it would be that much easier to simply carry in when a Search and Rescue effort is in an isolated area - or to just have in my pack when hiking for pleasure. 
Basically, it would be fun. 

Edited by C. Curtis
rephrasing

I have been looking to integrate drone usage into the world of fisheries science.  The Mavic Mini would take research to the next level, making expeditions easier with its smaller size and portability.  Best fishes!!  <*)))><

New here but I'll take a try at this.

If I win this nifty little drone, I will learn to fly it in our yard and the local large field with no one it can fly over. I can use that experience as help to take the FAA license test to get certified as a drone pilot. I will then pursue opportunities for using drones professionally in my area. 

OK, I will be doing this anyway, regardless of whether I get it or not. I like the drones I've seen from DJI and it would be neat to fly.

Thanks! Fingers crossed

I am a new drone pilot, and if I win, I will use the drone to gain experience and build up flight hours. I would initially begin with using the drone for personal use on my adventures off roading and with my dogs, with my dream being to one day use drones to assist structure and wildfire needs to help provide information that will allow firefighters to stay safe, fight fires smarter, and save tax payer money. 

Hello to the DPGS/UAV Coach team :)

THis is an easy answerr for me.. I would gift the drone to a younger person and teach them how to fly it! I use drones for my photography business and they are incrdible tools for positioning my camera in thre dimensional space... noone on thsi forum needs convimcing that they're great. I'd use the Mavic Mini to spread the joy of droning and pass on what I've learned to someone up and coming int he field/industry :)

THANKS -Ben

I started a holistic, educational very non profit group in Toronto 20 years ago with over 400 members in Canada and in the US as well as some members in other countries and am planning a driving trip across Canada and the US this year and will be visiting and interviewing our members and speakers all over the place, finding out who they are, their stories, where they live, similarities, differences, etc., and making a series of short videos and/or one long one.  Am hoping, too, to be able to get to the Far East.  (Am not afraid of Co-VID 19.)  Using the Mavic Mini would make the videos so much better, give everyone a better sense as to who everyone is and the environment that makes them who they are.  We know that differences in topography, geology, etc., make a difference as to accent, behavior etc.   The Mavic Mini could help to substantiate this.

I would this mavic mini for several different jobs. The first would be to help improve the promotional content that i help develop for a church. From the new building campaign to general promotions and intro videos. Second I would use this with my commercial licence to help improve my UAV operations in my business. Third would be to take photos and videos during family functions and vacations.  

I would utilize the mavic mini to acquire aerial and up close video / images of the gardens and arboretums in NC. An update of the gardens / arboretums has not been done for about 10 years. I would work with others to describe and provide magnificent images to entice more people to visit these colorful masterpieces.

Edited by John Dorman

I am a 911 Dispatcher, volunteer First Responder,  and a advanced storm watcher in our county. We live in a hilly area where we have tornadoes and early spotting and notification is important.  I would use the drone to weather watch.  I would also use it  to help with search and rescue and emergency situations such as fires and floods in our county.  It would be handy during water rescues to be able to analyze the situation for both the safety of the victim and the rescuers.  We also have a cattle ranch and I would use it to check on our cattle while calving, so we don't make the cows nervous getting too close.  And my family and  I would have so much fun exploring beautiful Arkansas and all it's waterfalls! We would be able to see them from top to bottom. 

If I won the drone,

First afall I thank to my God, 

It is the first drone I holded on hand. Itwill be a part of my family, not like a pet. It will be my best friend.

I will capture all the world with my drone. I will prove it drone is also a good and important gagjet to human.

I will capture all people seriously effecting with the corona virus, to know all over the world.

I will capture all the poverty, Swach Bharath, in my country.