Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

I would. Use it to get back into making videos of cool places and events. I haven't done that since my iris kicked the bucket and I really miss it. 

Edited by Won

Im 107 licensed but have never owned a drone.  I would use the “mini” to help myself and others in my FAA office to get smarter about drones and have a better understanding of them.

Looking to get involved in the community with the education of drones rules. Education I feel in the community is a lack of per say.  Mavic mini is small enough not to scare others.

thanks

jflorz

Edited by Jflorz

I have a Phantom 4 Pro and bought my son the Mavic Mini for Christmas. It is awesome. I would take advantage of its portability and amazing camera and carry it with me wherever I go. I am in real estate and having a very portable drone is always an advantage - to give clients an aerial perspective of their property and surroundings. I live in Charleston, South Carolina where you are never far from a creek, river, marsh or ocean, having a Mavic Mini would allow for some breathtaking photos of Charleston from above...

Winning a Mavic Mini, as I already own a Mavic 2 Pro, will be a very lucky day as I am working on an Art project installation where part of the stuff is a video filming a drone (the Mavic 2 Pro) for which another reliable and good quality drone is needed.

It is expected that the installation will be exhibited this late spring in Gent (Belgium). Date and place not yet decided.

Enrico

I want to spy on my neighbors.... Totally joking hahaha honestly drones have always fascinated me! Not knowing what I want to do in life has always plagued me, like it does a lot of people, but the one constent is that I want to fly drones. Having this amazing machine means that it broadens my horizon and allows me to pursue my passion as a career and a hobby! Please consider me for this amazing gift if not me then someone else with the passion that I have for this.

If I won the DJI Mavic Mini I would donate it to my wife’s school. She is a 1st and 2nd grade teacher at a small private school in West Covina. The school is a K-8 school that is a non-profit private school. The total student body is about 50 kids. The principal at the school is trying to start a video production class, but doesn’t have time to get things up and running because not only is he the principal but he is also the 6 - 8 grade teacher. Apart from my wife and the principal there are two other teachers, one that teaches TK - Kindergarten and one that teaches 3 - 5 grade. I’ve volunteered my time to help them get their video production class going. Having a Mavic Mini would be awesome to expand their skills not only in video production, but in learning how to be responsible pilots. 

I'm prepping to shoot a wilderness feature and would use this for an upcoming backcountry location scouting expedition and the Mini looks like a perfect tool for the job.

If I win, I'll pass it over to my 12-year old. He would like to get into drone photography and video as he loves art. He tried my Phantom 4 pro and Inspire 2 but he's little scared using daddy's expensive drones and I don't blame him. Mavic mini would be great introductory tool for him.

It would be the perfect little drone for me to take multiple snapshots of unknown rural communities and gems then stitch them together into inviting panoramas that can be used to promote more awareness, tourism and business. 

I actually ordered and then returned a Mavic Mini, but why did I do this?  I am a newbie into Droning, but would love to make it a potentially new hobby/job, so I'm going to take the training, get my 107, and then purchase a new drone.  There are some very interesting new capabilities (for the money) being introduced, and hopefully we'll see these new drones within the first half of 2020.  My initial goal is basic flying skills (not necessarily with automated positioning), and then on to learning the best types of cinematic filming.  I've been an amateur photographer most of my life, but want to move into video.  A Mavic Mini would be a great first drone to help develop these new skills.

I have used your ground school to pass the FAA Part 107 the first time in 2017 and used it as a refresher to pass the reoccuant test. I have recommended the school to many.

Should I win, I would use the drone to add over head shots and video that I could use to document my training. I’m am training for ultra runs and out along the trails 

Hello,

If I won the mini, I would use it to further my knowledge about drones. I have been retired for two years. I been looking for another hobby. Every since reading about drones my level excitement has increased. It has made me think not only can these drones be a hobby for me, but it could lead me to start a business using these drones.  

Hi, I would use the Mavic mini to practice flying everyday and to hone my skills, I would also use it to help teach my students about drones, it’s small and not so intimating so it would be easier to get it in a beginners hand and teach them about all the cool features, like quick clips and editing.  The Mavic mini would be great to use to talk about drones and the various uses they provide. 

Edited by Goddessofdrones

Get back into flying for fun and while traveling.  This thing is super small and portable. 

I fly for work currently. I help non-profits raise money for building repairs around the city of Baltimore. WIth the Mavic mini I would carry it more often to get great shots when the weather and lighting is just right! 

First, let me say that I really enjoy being part of Alan's network. I "hope" to finally complete my commercial drone license this year and would use the Mavic to help launch a commercial drone business.

I will fly for both personal and business. I hav been looking for a more capable small drone in order to film some business-related inside work - inside large buildings, warehouses, productions floors etc. Most of the other non-crap drones on the market are a bit too large to do this comfortably.

thank you! :)

I fly for work using a Mavic 2 zoom and love it.  I have been working with my son to get comfortable flying.  Unfortunately, that resulted in a couple of crashes but still want to build his confidence.  This would be one I could operate for fun, instruction, and possible side business.  Thanks to DJI for offering up this opportunity for Drone Pilot Ground School folks!!

On 2/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

If I win I want to document North Carolina’s beauty, from the Outer Banks to the Mountains.