Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Hi. If I win I would plan on using the Mavic Mini for starting my own business as well as educating others in my school. I am currently the only Part 107 licensed pilot at my school and I hope to use the Mavic Mini to inspire others to join the UAS and aviation fields. 

I got started with the training because I am a home inspector who is tired of getting out ladders to inspect roofs, chimneys and flashing. It is really challenging and sometimes dangerous here in Northern New England in the winter.

I have been talking with other inspectors and the Mini is almost always recommended as a good first drone for this application.

Chris Malliet

I would use the Mavic mini for 2 purposes. First is for general landscape photography. I love to hike and I take my Mavic Air along, however, the Mini would take up less space and be easier to carry. 

The second would be for real estate photography. I am studying for the Part 107 license and envision using very small drones to fly into and through a house for a quick and encompassing view of a home. I will eventually upgrade to a Mavic Pro for the outdoor shots but I'm hoping a Mini, with appropriate lighting, will provide a unique view of the inside of a home.

I would add the mini to my fleet which currently consists of a Phantom 4 and use it when portability is a factor.

I would use the Mavic mini to grow my knowledge of the benefits of drone use within my profession as well as continue to build my skills as a relative new remote pilot. I would also use it at home to share my passion of flying with my kids. Thanks to UAV Coach for the opportunity to win an awesome DJI product.

Jeremy

I'd use the Mini to teach my children and grandchildren about this amazing technology. Additionally, I'd use it as a teaching aid for my up and coming co-pilots. While they are excited about flying, I think a smaller platform and the ease of use will encourage them to take their 107 sooner!

This is great, it will be the perfect traveling companion. My wife and I like to travel this Mavic Mini will be the perfect gift for her. She likes photography and takes a lot of photos using her cameras and would be thrilled to add a new perspective to her hobby.

If I win the mavic mini. I will use it to get the basics of flying drones, and get some awesome shots of the beautiful mountains I live. I hope to eventually fly for real estate agents and make this a full time job. 😁

Hello!

I have three nephews that love flying drones, but only have access to a starter hobby drone with no stability. While that drone is good practice and teaches them a healthy respect for all the factors that apply toward keeping a drone in air, it shouldn't be so difficult and stressful for them. They've had a chance to fly my Mavic Mini and were blown away by its ease of use - it freed them from the constant battle of trying to keep their drone stable and it opened their eyes and spiked their imagination to new possibilities.

If I win this raffle, the Mavic Mini will be gifted to my nephews. I will surprise them with it after another demo/practice session in which I'll offer some vague promise of getting them their own Mavic Mini one day...

Thanks to Drone Ground Pilot School I just passed my Part 107 test on Saturday. I am a PhD student in construction management and if I were to win the Mavic Mini, I would use it to take pictures and videos of buiding envelopes, which would aid my research on sustainable building materials and methods. I would also fly it for fun. 

Well. For me, bc I already have the p4p, I would use it to take every day picture and videos and make creative videos with the Mavic Mini....  simple!

Top 3 things I'd do with a Magic Mini:

1) Practice flying near the structures I inspect for work to make the case that we need a drone. 

2) Take before/after photos of our local trash pickups. 

3) Teach my kid to fly. 

If I won the mini, I want to help my husband with his hobby and possible business venture. 

Edited by Malia

If given a DJI Mavic mini, I would fly for personal use but also for business purposes. I live in Florida and I could get so many good pictures and videos. I also work for a college and could capture cool videos for virtual campus tours and athletic events. 

If I won the drone I'll fulfill my sister's dream of doing drone photography. We currently can't afford to buy one. Winning this would mean the world for her

Edited by Ali Yahaya

I will teach my 3 young children about drone flying, safety and rules. This is a perfect drone to help them learn the flight process and controls. The next generation of flyers is starting early!

If I were to win this drone I would use it to fine tune my drone skills and practice because I don't have a good drone to practice with. I am also currently enrolled in Drone Pilot ground school.

Edited by Kerr

I would use the Mini to get all the tight shots I used the Spark for. I don’t have the nerve to fly anything bigger through close quarters like trees etc, but something this small will do it easily. Also flying indoors is much easier!

If I won DJI Mavic Mini I would use it in my classroom to advance students skills past what they are able learn using the DJI Tellos that our school system has provided. I would take students outside to practice advanced flight maneuvers helping them gain the practical experience they will need to become commercial drone pilots.