Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

I would like to win the Mini to sharpen my flying skills. I used UAV coach for my 107 rating and it worked out great. I am flying commercially taking real estate video and photos. 

I would use it to train up to become an applicator in sustainable agriculture, putting beneficial bugs on crops to keep detrimental bug populations undEd control. 

If I won the mini it would do double-duty - I would bring it into my daughters middle school STEM club [that I volunteer in every week] and let them learn more about drones, their possibilities, and see where it leads them.  Some are going off to high school soon, and there is a great STEM program there.  This would spring-board them with enough hands-on to get them excited.

I would also allow my son to fly it to start a small business [he would get his part 107 with your help].  He's been flying 'things' since he was 7; he's 16 now, and this would give him a taste of what real income would be like vs. flipping burgers.  Might even help him buy a nicer car than the 'junker dad's giving me' (man, I've been driving that junker for 11 years now - it's way better than what I had!  Sheeesh, kids... :) )

Whoever gets it - I hope they can use it as a tool to get the next generation exposed to this fantastic field.  Many jobs will be expired over the next 20 years, train 'em up with the new!

John

If I win the Mavic Mini, I will use it to improve my flying skills as well as work on creating cinematic videos. Thanks for this opportunity. Steve

1 minute ago, A Plus Drone said:

If I won DJI Mavic Mini I would use it in my classroom to advance students skills past what they are able learn using the DJI Tellos that our school system has provided. I would take students outside to practice advanced flight maneuvers helping them gain the practical experience they will need to become commercial drone pilots.

Your school provided tellos?  Lucky!  I had to buy one to get them exposed.

Practice every day just like I have been doing for the very unresponsive small little drive to get practice eventually I would like to have a business,  with anything that is going to help the planet,  or society. 

I will bring it on my kayaking adventures to document nature from a different perspective. 

I love flying I am building two fixed wings and am looking to add a drone to that group. 
If i was to win this drone I would take with me on my next caving trip and would use it to document the cave and the 200ft repels inside of it.

Mavic Mini's reviews show that it is quite an exciting entertainment instrument. I will definitely use it for taking photos and videos at home parties and picnics. Though it is not projected to be used in commercial projects, I see its small size is a boon for home inspection, rescue missions and at other places where the small size of a drone matters a lot. I will definitely explore its use in such projects. Though it is not supported by any of the developer SDKs, I am sure it will be opened up in future and will definitely take advantage of it.

DJI is leading the industry in drone tech.  If I were to win this drone, I would like to introduce our young kids to the drone world and its possibilities. 

I would love to try this DJI Mavic mini out. I have heard a lot about it and would love to have one of my own. I am flying a Phantom 3 Advanced now, but like the small package of the Mavic mini. 

Hello, my Name is Super Mario.I am about to begin drone training with an outstanding drone pilot Skip Frederick. Im very excited about this career path. I currently dont own a drone Due to lack of resources. but the goal is to generate wealth by finding a job in the drone field after completing the training. If i win this drone I will use it to launch my career. Im interested in aerial film/photography  Capturing creative angels of nature and city scenery . Also will use it to practice to perfect my pilot skills! Im ready for my calling.

Being that the magic mini has a very good camera, it would be utilized for the more artistic photography that I could strictly for when traveling or even for some of the real estate listings I take. 
Then I could dedicate the phantom 4pro to mapping, surveying, and inspecting. 
When traveling to scenic area I like flying my drone, and having a mavic mini would be a God-send rather than lugging a 4pro! 
Good Luck - God Speed

9DF464F4-7C7D-4EA4-9D45-A88EE0EEB227.jpeg

I am in charge of high school drone programs in NC. We have 20 schools  (553 students) teaching the FAA 107 certification course now with 23 more coming online next fall. If I win the mini, I will use it as part of our presentation at events promoting this program to recruit more young drone pilots.

I would use the Mavic mini as a backup drone. It would also come in handy when I have kids or other people who are interested or want to check it out.

I and my son would use this fantastic little power packed drone to video and record our adventures in his new found passion for fishing on lakes, rivers, ponds and even ice!

This opportunity would be applied to photographing mock crime scenes in my forensic science class. Since the area surrounding the school not for large scale activities, the mini would be a benefit. I would also allow my students to be introduced to drones, and if interested to pursue drone training. Thanks for the opportunity. 

I would use the drone as part of my school outreach for select students who have earned the privilege of flying and as my hiking drone since it would fit in a backpack so nicely!

LawDawg

I have a real estate appraisal company and get requests for aerial views with current date and time of property scope and acreage. Google mapping is not current and does not show new improvements or additions.