Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Win a DJI Mavic Mini (Limited Time Entry Period)

Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

Congratulations to @Jett for being selected as the winner of the DJI Mavic Mini giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry. 

Safe flying and blue skies! 

- The UAV Coach Team 

Message added by Chase Flynn | UAV Coach

I would bring this sUAS along on family vacations.  It's small size can fit into a day bag and easily be deployed to get above-ground perspectives.  It'd be a little brother to my Mavic 2 Pro.

My plan is to obtain my Part 107 license and use the drone exclusively for business purposes. I would shoot aerials for my real estate business and make myself available to businesses and community groups as needed, flying for profit and pro bono missions.

The dji Mavic Mini would be the perfect travel companion for my upcoming trip to see my daughters in Sydney, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand!  Fingers crossed! 

I use several different drones in my business, which is primarily real estate photography and GIS Mapping or construction time lapse photography.  I am often challenged by a shoot or mapping project which has very tight or constrained areas to fly in.  Inspires are not a good choice to send inside a culvert or tunnel.  The mavic mini would be great to use in areas like this as its small lightweight form-factor as well as its very nice video footage.

I love the mini's size. As a conservation photography focusing on the Potomac River watershed, I don't always know when I got out for a shoot whether I be taking images from below water, above the surface or aerial. The Mavic Mini is so small that I could pack it with my other equipment with little impact to space or weight, and if the conditions arise for an aerial, I can quickly pull it out to capture the scene. Light and small really pays off when you don't have a set shot list that you can plan out ahead of time.

Hello:

I have been interested in the Drone industry in general for  3 years and want to be more involved with actual application of the technology in the Ag business. The DJI Mavic Mini is a reasonably priced, sophisticated unit I would like to posses to increase my skills to a level of high competence. Being retired, I would potentially provide Ag services ("pro bono") to small scale farmers to obtain the skills to move to part-time contracted services.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, Chase Flynn | UAV Coach said:

I would use the drone on all long distance travelling to capture memories in photos and videos.  Also when hiking to unique places (but only as long as I was assured I was not bothering others).

Let's see who wins!

Thanks,

Jay

If I won this I would give it to my husband.   It would make his day.  Then we would go on adventures and explore!

Edited by Stephanie

I have the original mavic pro and really enjoy flying it. The mavic mini would be a joy to have as it is even easier to take along traveling due to size. I will fly mostly for pleasure.

I would use the drone to start taking aerial photos of my family and begin trying to build my professional business. 

I would love to win this mini drone to allow my two daughters to learn how to operate a drone. They already enjoy spending time with me now watching me fly my drone. This would be a great opportunity to bond over flying and enjoying the outdoors together. 

If I should be fortunate enough to win the Mavic Mini, I would use it to grow my droning experience to continue to be a responsible member of the drone community.  Because of its size, the Mavic Mini also lends itself to sharing the experience with others, for both fostering interest in droning, and educating folks about the safe nature of UAVs, and the seriousness with which the vast majority of droners approach droning.  In a sense, to help remove the "bogeyman" element of misconceptions held by some members of the non-flying public.

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

Hello UAV Coach, first let me say I am currently enrolled in your UAV Coach course, amazing and easy to follow for an old fellow like me. I am an ex-special forces soldier and have just recently discovered droning. It has become my hobby to pass the time and is a pleasure to learn more about this droning sport.

Unfortunately, being a newbie to droning is costly, especially considering the small incidents that take a costly toll of my existing drone. Anyone would be thrilled to own the new DJI Mavic Mini, it is a masterpiece of a drone. 

I am hoping to complete my UAV Coach course and get certified so I can maybe use the DJI Mavic Mini to make some income and help supplement my existing income. I would definitely use the DJI Mavic Mini for video and photo shots.

Even if I don't win the DJI Mavic Mini, the person who does win the DJI Mavic Mini, will love it and I will get one someday soon.

Great course UAV Coach and Alan Perlman thanks for your personal support during this course...

The mini would be a great upgrade to my Spark, since I could fly it in more areas due to its low weight. The increased flying time is also a bonus. I knew DJI was going to come up with something like this, as soon as they were discussions about regulating drones over 250g in various countries.

I just moved to a property with tons of land. I'd use the mini to help me patrol the property and also use it to help the small town I just moved to. They are stuck in the old days so id bring this new technology to them and their departments and social events. Hopefully it help me make me a few friends in my new area. They never seen a drone before!!!!

I am a home inspector and sometimes roofs are unsafe to walk, but clients need a good evaluation of the roof coverings in order to make a smart buying decision.

My wife, daughter and I also love to hike and mountain bike. So when the drone isn't helping at work, I would use it to capture myself and my family on our adventures. 

I’d love to have a mavic mini to take along when I travel.   With its compact size I could always have it handy for impromptu flights

Hi All, 

I'm a recently retired police officer and a certified aviation geek! I've enjoyed following some pilots on line like stevo1kinevo and mzeroa. I even took up learning German (on Duolingo) partly because of Pilotseye tv (Lufthansa and Swiss Air). I have always felt that you are never to old to learn something new. My old partner took up flying drones a couple of years ago and now that I have some time on my hands  (I'm still working part-time in a different field), I feel that it's time to learn something new. I actually have a degree in Art (don't get me started ;) ) and would like to explore aerial photography but would also love to see where my police background would take me. I'm currently studying for my part 107 exam so I have the opportunity to fly commercially. 

Edited by Signal 2

Looking for a new drone?

Well, our friends over at DJI have given us a brand new DJI Mavic Mini to give away to our UAV Coach community! The Mavic Mini is a great starter drone that combines everything we love about some of DJI's best drones into a small, but powerful package. 

Click here to learn more about the DJI Mavic Mini. 

How to enter:

Comment here sharing what you plan to do with the Mavic Mini if you are selected as the winner. Will you fly for fun, business, or both? We wish you all the best of luck and look forward to reading your responses! 

Deadline:

02/27/2020, 12:00 p.m. EST 

How it works:

Everyone who comments on the post in our community forum from now until Thursday, February 27 at noon EST will be given one entry in the raffle. After the window for commenting closes, we’ll do a drawing and randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced in our weekly newsletter on Saturday, February 29.

Note: The raffle is open only to those who reside in the U.S. or Canada. Each individual gets one entry in the raffle. Multiple comments will not equal multiple entries. 

Blue skies and safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.39.12 PM.png

I would love to win the DJI Mavic Mini!  I have had other drones that are not as reliable or very cheap.  It would be nice to finally have a quality drone for personal use.  

While practicing landings in ATTI mode & in marginal wind conditions I cracked the shell on my P3P.  At the moment I can’t afford to replace it.

Hello I UAVCoach great content, love the consistent emails, I would use this drone to teach my son to fly he is 11 years old and has always been interested in Tech applications, I fly a P4P Prov2.0 but I think the Mavic mini is much more suitable for him to learn on, I appreciate you guys offering a chance to win this neat little product. Happy Flying...Thanks Brandon Beatty 

my son Brayden below ...

Thanks for the "at bat" and thanks DJI for putting up the Mavic Mini. I'm a sixty year old who's interested in drones, the industry and platform potential. So much so I quit my good job to attend the University of North Dakota studying UAS . i"m in my second semester here in Grand Forks North Dakota. Portability is a huge component for me using the mini. The ability to take out for fun or for vacation and not lug large cases ect. is perfect. So thanks again and my fingers are crossed for me!!!

I’ve been wanting to get a drone for my dad because he has been interested in it for years since I got my drone. He is near retirement and he is interested in pursuing a drone photography business of some sort in retirement. This drone would be such a blessing for him!