Syma X5C Quad Copter

Hi Any one out there have one of these, This is my first Quad I chose this as I did not want to start with a dearer one ( my new nick name CB "crash n Burn") with all the research that we did pre purchase this was the one under $200.00 that was the most suitable apparently it will fly in a gently wind, but alas not for me. I have tried 1. in High 2. remove prop guard. 3. re calibrate Gyros'.

Any help would be appreciated    

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TechnoBob said:

New X5C pilot checking in. Found my way here while trying to learn how to return this quad to base when in the presence of thermals that threaten to take it up and away even after I cut the power!

Howdy @TechnoBob! These birds are pretty light and sensitive to thermals / wind gusts. I usually stick to low-ground (less than 30-35 feet) or indoor flying with models like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have the X5C-1. I believe both models are virtually the same. Yes they are very light drones and the slightest amount of wind make them challenging to fly (which I enjoy). I was/am very satisfied with this little quad. I tried flying helis years ago and thus far it seems drones are a much friendlier barrier to entry (not easy, just easier).

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I fly the X5C-1 now. Syma improved the stability with this model. This is a great starter drone for the newbie. I'm looking for a drone with live camera feed and the ability to maintain stability at altitude. No I did not get my X5C. I'm using it to teach my granddaughter to fly. Gotta pass on the love of it