NunoB

Summer is here - a flight over golf courses and a swimming pool

Summer is here ! So I thought I'd share a quick video I shot with my DJI Phantom 3 Standard capturing friends and family having fun at the pool ! Very windy conditions, but the Phantom handled just fine !

Check it out below !

Nice work!  Question: "What are those buildings (square looking) at the start of the video?  Lastly, "Did the folks in the pool need to know they were being recorded once you went into hovering mode?

12 minutes ago, FlyingRaider said:

Nice work!  Question: "What are those buildings (square looking) at the start of the video?  Lastly, "Did the folks in the pool need to know they were being recorded once you went into hovering mode?

Hi, thanks for watching ! The buildings are apartments/houses in this condominium that I shot at. In regards to the folks in the pool, that is a great question ! Those are friends and family of mine, so yes they knew I was filming.

I agree that your flight over the pool and people looks nice. However, the FAA might tend to see this flight as a serious violation. If you get caught by someone other than friends, such as someone in one of the apartment buildings and your drone flight is reported, you might find that the FAA is not happy with your "little stunt." 

Suppose you lost the GPS lock, or a motor quit working, or any number of mechanical malfunctions. If this quad fell  out of the air and hit one of your friends, you better have damn good insurance and lots of it. 

Something to "knaw on."

Jim, Intermediate Pilot