Howzit guys. I am looking for advise and help from the community. Im wanting to build a drone for fishing. But I have certain requirements and having no drone experience I dont know how to go about it. 

My drone requirements:

1)Must use 4 servos to carry and release 4 baits. Looking for at least a 2kg payload weight. 

2)I would like to save numerous gps positions to have consistent bait drop locations. Also a return to home function. The bait drop does not need to be autonomous only the flight paths. 

3)failsafe function.  When there is loss of signal or low battery that the drone will return home. 

4)live video feed. 

5)very long flight range in open spaces. 

My background: I am a plumber. Thus technically inclined. I have no programming experience or drone building experience. 

Was thinking of purchasing parts every two months or so and slowly construct the drone. 

Does anyone have advise on where I can find out on accomplishing this task or parts that I would need?

• 4 months later...

Haha, Oh man this would be a very cool drone. I can just picture it now...a beautiful sunrise over the lake. Birds chirpin, fish splashin the tops of the water. All of a sudden the sound of a million Bees comes flyin through deploying bait like depth charges. 

I wish I could help but that amount of weight to carry would need some strong servos. You would need probably 6 to 8 large servos to be able to lift the weight of the drone + 4.4lbs (2kg) and maintain a steady and safe flight. 

For example, the DJI Inspire 2, which is a fairly large drone uses 4 servos and weights 7.5lbs. Maximum weight to take off is 9.3 lbs. You've got to find that sweet spot of a very very light drone with intense servos.