ForProps

UAV registration for commercial use

I applied for a Section 333 exemption some time ago.  I'm hoping for a positive outcome to that soon.  My thoughts now go to registration, getting a N-number, etc. Does anyone have any experience with this process?  I don't want to wait until March, when website registration may be possible.  

Thanks.

If you have already applied for your 333 already, I would suggest start getting everything together for your N number registration. I just received mine today that i submitted back in October. After months of back and fourth between myself and the FAA registration Branch. The problem with the process is different examiners will want different documentation even if the previous examiner wanted said information. Best of luck to you. If there is anyway I can help. send me an email.

Ricardo

• Like 1

I registered two drones last fall and except for acquiring the 8050-1 form the process was pretty easy. Alan's link is the same instruction site I used.  If you follow those directions closely you should have no problem. 

Besides what is listed on the site they also want you to state specifically whether or not you built the aircraft and whether or not it has ever been licensed in another country.  Document your UAV's pedigree closely or there will be delays. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2016 at 6:40 PM, ForProps said:

I applied for a Section 333 exemption some time ago.  I'm hoping for a positive outcome to that soon.  My thoughts now go to registration, getting a N-number, etc. Does anyone have any experience with this process?  I don't want to wait until March, when website registration may be possible.  

Thanks.

Very simple process, be sure to follow the instructions and send every piece of paper they ask for. The good thing about it is that the pink copy of the 8050-1 serves as your temporary registration.

A hint for future 333 applicants: Be sure to list EVERY UAV YOU OWN OR EVEN THINK ABOUT OWNING IN YOUR 333 application, otherwise you have to amend it later (as I had to do) and wait for approval before you can use the new UAV.

• Like 2