Sign in to follow this  
olesailor

DJI P3 Professional First Setup

Ok my phantom 3 professional will be here this Friday. Happy Camper! 

Since I am going from a hobby to a business. 

I have been through various sites including DJI, download all the manuals,  googled "setup dji phantom 3 professional".

The equipment is the DJI Phantom 3 Professional, and the  Apple IPAD Mini 2 with WiFI. Both are starting with a clean slate, as almost my brain.

Looking for best practices and steps for the whole package.  

Example: I have read were some apps conflicts with others with operating your DJI were you need to force stop one to correct an issue.

Example: I have also read and experienced how firmware can brick a piece of equipment.

Example of one site found. http://droneflyers.com/talk/threads/phantom-3-hints-tips-and-fixes.969/

Looking for the best clean setup for the DJI and to have installed only that's needed also good to have apps on the Ipad.

Thank You Very Much

• Like 2

I know it's way past the time since you've posted looking for setup info, but for the sake of others searching....
I've found that YouTube has some awesome videos for the Phantom 3 Pro.  These helped me get off on the right foot (or wing).

The following link is for Part one (of 2) of the initial set up for the P3P: 

Part 2 of the initial setup is:  

• Like 1

Thank You, it is never to late. I have mine already setup and flying. However it always good to go back and review past setup and configurations.

This was almost like learning Linux. There is so many pieces and so much information out there it makes it a challenge to pin anything down.

Also like Linux there is always something new to learn.

• Like 1