I’m considering becoming a licensee with a protected territory from www.dronesforce.com .  It’s a $20,000 price tag and I’m curious if anyone has any experience with this company?

Thank You,

Brett

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah DHawk, everyone has been friendly and professional to this point. I was very attracted to the business model and the fact I will receive support, marketing, and jobs. I can still work my FT job i

Flying since early August. No complex missions yet until I get used to more simpler ones but been getting steady jobs.

@btjdrone Prior to signing up myself, they gave me 2 licensees that were already up and running to contact. One they provided because the market was very similar and another just because I asked for m

Posted Images

A couple of observations, I don’t read the entire website Justin watched the video.

How do they define your territory?  Drone jobs are never next door.  What do you get for your $20K?

I’m guessing there 97 percent success rate for certification is for part107?  Nothing great about that claim.

Mentorship in small business can be helpful but is really dependent on your relationship with the mentor.  

There have been a lot of websites like this that make these types of claims. Not sure how they compare to PrecisionHawk?  I have nothing bad to say about them, I’m mostly expressing my own bias and skepticism against these types of claims.  

They certianly know how to use Adobe AfterEffects!  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am looking at that school also they are out of Canada. For that type of money ask what they include like FAA cert Canadian cert, the equipment they include (e.g. type of drone, cameras, software etc) What type of marketing to market yourself. Is it on hands training and instructors experience. Many more things. Will the finance you? And how quickly you can earn back that money. Check to see if they are a legit business in Canada. 

Hi DJawk,

I was never contacted by anyone that has purchased a licensee agreement.  I decided against it at the moment, I had a hard time justifying $20,000 with no guarantees except a dedicated territory.  I also let them know if anyone in the twin cities area that was interested I would consider a partnership because I’m still very intrigued by the opportunity.

If you do decide to move forward I would love to hear your experience with the company!

Thanks, Brett 

I will keep you posted, as I am interested in the back office data analysis is already done, the front office is worked out.  20k is a large sum of money/might be risky but what isn't now days?

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, Just wondering if anyone has an update or has moved forward with the franchise.  I am also considering this and I have received a Licensee Guide.  I am looking into the Phoenix and Sedona territories.   Appreciate the previous information.

• 2 weeks later...

What information do you have that proves they are a legit company? @DHawk With today's technology I feel like everything can be botched somehow and for those of us not local to their corporate headquarters we can't just walk in and meet face to face for affirmation lol. Maybe I'm overly paranoid.

Edited by Valley Drones

I took the plunge.  So far they have delivered on everything they promised.  Got my Drone they explained to me.  Got the course for the 107, they developed a logo for me as well as a website.  It is a bit of a leap of faith because Valley Drones you are right, I couldn't go into their HQ, also when I did Google Maps their name is not even on the building.  In doing some research through the Canadian licensing I was able to discover that the company is relatively newer.  So I will say, so far so good.

Thanks for the update DHawk!  I am very happy to hear things are going well and as advertised.  I wish you well and we would all like to hear more updates as you get further along on your new business adventure!

Thanks,

Brett

@DHawk I sent you a private message. Also to reply to your last comment I have done a LOT of research on this company and I'm fairly certain I've found every article online about them, I've talked to people who are already licensed with them. I haven't found anyone that is in the same shoes as you where you are just getting started like you and I. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

That picture on google maps was taken in May of 2019 and I don't think they started on social media until November of 19 and they registered as a corporation in Feb of 20. 

@ElDubya What territory are you lookin at?

One thing I like about them that I've found so far is that they're more interested in finding someone that they can invest in rather than putting a few people per territory they want to see one person operate and grow their business. They're a small corporation right now but I they have had success in other parts of the US. 

• Like 1

Found this page so want to inquire fellow dronesforce partners on their experience and what to do expect. I signed up with them in May and received my equipment as promised and completed my prep course online. Going to take my 107 next week and then I’m ready to fly. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.