• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah DHawk, everyone has been friendly and professional to this point. I was very attracted to the business model and the fact I will receive support, marketing, and jobs. I can still work my FT job i

Flying since early August. No complex missions yet until I get used to more simpler ones but been getting steady jobs.

Hey gang. I'm curious. Those of you who made the investment and got your materials. How much money have you actually made? and in what period of time? That is ultimately the bottom line.

Posted Images

My curiosity is piqued.  I find it fascinating that a company can start up and start selling "exclusive" sales areas for which they apparently have no current clientele or guarantee of future sales. And anxious folks are wanting to jump on board! 

The part 107 training can be had many places for very reasonable, or free if you just study what the FAA provides.  And $1500 for a good consumer drone and that leaves $18500.00 in your pocket to help finance your startup.

I'm a natural cynic, but does no one else find this business model a little one-sided?

I got my drone and it’s not a $1500 unit. It is about $5,000-6,000 retail when I checked. Training I don’t know how much it would cost. Website built for me and I know from prior experience it is about $2,000-3,000. I would say I already got half of my investment back before having a single service mission. Agree no guarantees to sales but I received everything I was promised so far. Nothing bad to say.

Hi Steven, what specialty training did you receive?  It sounds like you received a drone for a specific purpose is the reason I ask.  If you're training for a specialty, you would hope that the company has folks lined up looking for that service.

Your price estimate for a website is assuming it is custom to you, correct?  Every new hire gets a custom to them site distinct from everyone else in the company and not a cookie cutter? If you value it at that price, then fair enough and that's all that matters.

At any rate, I hope all works out well, really.  You certainly are putting a lot of trust in a brand new company.  It's not quite the same as taking courses at Embry Riddle or an internship with Insitu.

Hello all, I'm happy to see a thread on this company. I've recently signed the agreement and paid for a territory in Pa. I've been told my hardware will ship next week and I've been contacted by their IT department in regards to the website and email addresses. I remain cautiously optimistic this isn't a scam and seeing some of your posts help. I'd appreciate any advice, opinions, and input anyone can provide as you all move forward on your business ventures whether related to DronesForce or not.

• Like 1

Ha Ha, It is interesting to see the number of people that think it is a scam but proceed anyway.  For me it has been working as promised.  I also went with them because of all the back office support that is already built and I will not have to build it from scratch.

• Like 1

Sounds like everyone that has moved forward with Drones Force is happy and given what was promised.  I really appreciate all the feedback and please keep updating as you move forward with your business.

• Like 2

Yeah DHawk, everyone has been friendly and professional to this point. I was very attracted to the business model and the fact I will receive support, marketing, and jobs. I can still work my FT job in the meantime.

Update- I just received my login info for the 107. I'm excited and more confident in my investment now. So far so good!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, 

I am also signed with them out of Central California. Awaiting my equipment and website is in the process. I am already 107 trained. As far as I know the next process will be doing in person training with dart drones and then hitting the ground running. 

It seems as though there are a lot of us all within the same starting process. I've already connected with a couple of the new licensees. It would be very nice for us to create an environment we can communicate to each other. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey everyone.  I'm the Buffalo/Western New York licensee.  Just signed the agreement on Friday.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It's very nice to see that other people are doing it too.  

• Like 2

Quick update everyone.  I just received my hardware and everything is as promised. Almost finished with the 107 online class and will be scheduling the test soon. I'm curious how you all are proceeding in terms of LLC vs sole prop, use of business attorneys, other neccesary equipment, and so forth. Being new to the drone business I would appreciate any advice. Also are you starting with any pilots and how do you plan on paying them, 1099 or hourly? Either way, how will you come up with their wage? Thanks all!

Hey KDS,

There are many reasons to go LLC over Sole Proprietor for me.  It will depend a bit on your own situation and your financial risks and what state you are in.  I personally went LLC because of the liability portion offers a degree of seperation in case of being sued.  Income is taxed as regular income.  Until I have enough business I have my people on as 1099 employee's who I pay per job.  Again their are laws that dictate if someone is a contract employee or a regular employee and you want to make sure you follow those.  I like having an attorney guide me through these types of waters, because it also gives me a layer of protection.  You can write off the expense of the attorney as well.  Best of luck to you. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm happy to find this forum.  I have also spoke with them but was reluctant to proceed.  I was only given 1 current licensee to speak with and that person was not helpful at all.  Any additional feedback from those of you who have signed up with them is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

@btjdrone Prior to signing up myself, they gave me 2 licensees that were already up and running to contact. One they provided because the market was very similar and another just because I asked for more than one. They both weren't extremely helpful but they did answer a few questions. As far as Feedback goes I haven't done my first mission yet. I have received the drone, completed the online training, Website will hopefully be done next week. Last thing is they want you to do a 2 day in person training course to really understand how to work the drone you are purchasing. Not just basic flying but the different settings for the IR Camera etc. That is all I am waiting on but due to Covid the classes have been pretty difficult to get squared away. I would recommend being ready to wait. If you sign up, I wouldn't expect to start flying commercially the following week. It takes some time. 

@dragonbaseball68 I think most people on this forum aren't flying live missions yet. We are all somewhere between just signing the agreement to waiting on in-person flight training before going live. I have spoke to a few people and there are those who are just doing it solo and will hire more pilots as it makes sense and then there are people I've spoke to who are taking the approach you are where they have a pilot or two on standby as contract pilots being paid per job. For all of our sake, I hope we all need to hire more pilots and the work is plentiful. :D 

Edited by Valley Drones
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dragonbaseball68, I'm starting with one other pilot. I share your optimism and have a few other potential pilots waiting to see how everything pans out. I'm definitely in a smaller area in terms of population. 

This has been such a great topic and forum for all of us on the topic of Drones Force!  Thank you for everyone’s input and updates.

I’m curious if anyone has completed the on-site training and/or completed a mission yet?

Thanks,

Klavon