7 hours ago, DDD said:

Can anyone elaborate on success with Drones Force and positive income returns on the investment? Considering this and need some input. Asking why spend 20k with them when the drone is $3600, training about $1500, website $500. That leaves 14k in your pocket to do your own thing. Not being negative, just curious and seeking opinions. I'm favorable to the company but 20k is a bunch of money with absolutely no guarantees. How do those already signed up feel?

DDD I can not speak to others and how they feel, only myself and my past experience with being in business.  There are some "Back Room" process they take care of that I will not have to worry about until I am up and running, if I choose to.  Such as data storage, editing of video, and an app they created for people to order services as well as the website.  Also, I have never paid only $500 for a website, by the time it is done I have spent anywhere from $1500 - $3000.  I do not produce website myself and I do understand that once you have the template the rest is simple.  However, even if I had $14k remaining, I can easily spend that in business if I don't know what I am doing, with Drones Force, and frankly they other licensee's I have an amazing network of help, including this website.   That is probably the main issue for me is the support of an organization that wants me to be successful.  I have in the past gone into business and the people telling me they would support me only to discover that once I started to get successful they started viewing me as a competitor and no longer saw themselves as a mentor.  I know there are a lot of great people out there to help, but I do not know who the good ones are and who the bad ones are so who do you trust?   I have already invested and I do hope that I get my money worth and would be a little defensive now if someone told me I was an idiot or over paid for the service, that is human nature.  Everyone has their reason for stepping up and paying and then there are those who have their reason for not stepping up.  Usually it is past experience that dictates whether you do something or not.  Ultimatley you have to go with your gut, buying something is always an emotional decission, no matter how much your brain tells you anything different...but I also drive a Raptor and a Challenger, so I might not be the best one to ask when it comes to buying things, ha ha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah DHawk, everyone has been friendly and professional to this point. I was very attracted to the business model and the fact I will receive support, marketing, and jobs. I can still work my FT job i

Flying since early August. No complex missions yet until I get used to more simpler ones but been getting steady jobs.

Hey gang. I'm curious. Those of you who made the investment and got your materials. How much money have you actually made? and in what period of time? That is ultimately the bottom line.

Posted Images

@DHawk I wish to thank you for your reply. I agree 100% on your statements. I'm just playing devil's advocate here and do not mean this to be negative. I'm just trying to be careful. I think my opinion is they are so new, there is literally almost nothing on them other than this topic, their own website and the three or four websites I found of other licensees. I could find no reviews, no statements about them. Even their own website has no internet chatter that I could find. Another item was, they claim they do a lot of SEO in their marketing. So I punched in Drone photography in three cities that they have websites, Memphis, Albuquerque and a Pennsylvania page, https://dukecityaerial.com/about-us/ , https://dukecityaerial.com/about-us/ , https://memphisuav.com/ , and scoured the first few pages of results and nothing came up on any of their licensees. Proper SEO would have them at least showing up on the first result page, if even at the bottom. So a little concern there.

Again nothing I am saying is to be negative, but just information. On the upside, I like who I've spoken to at the company. The business model is great for those who just want to fly and not market and do data work, the idea of being with an international team, good support, moderate investment ( I had a restaurant that cost me 100k start up) so the idea is good. The execution of the idea will be the tell tale.

I wish you the best in your endeavor. Please keep posting.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

DDD,  those have been a lot of the same questions I was asking.  There seems to be nothing online about this company.  The sites you mention that they promote don't even rank and I was told Memphis is one of their oldest?   I am also still trying to understand why they would not build their brand using their name if it is so respected and the company is so large and just have actual franchises in each area under one respected name.  The national brand recognition alone would be worth so much more it would seem then a bunch of independent businesses no one has heard of each needing its own marketing to promote, rather than just another Subway opening for example that people begin to already know who and what they are, and more importantly trust to do a great job.  Some other company could come along and easily out market you as a national brand it would seem.  I would still love to hear from those of you that are successful using this and help us answer some of these questions.

You guys have to understand that this is a business PLAN and not an established organization.  Drones Force is itself just a brand new company and has very, very  little market share of any drone services as far as I've found.  They are offering exclusive areas within the Drones Force ecosystem. But that means nothing until there is actually purchase orders coming your way.

The guys that have signed up apparently think it will work and are investing accordingly.   If enough sign up, it works for Drones Force.  Hopefully it also works for those investing.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:04 PM, DHawk said:

I took the plunge.  So far they have delivered on everything they promised.  Got my Drone they explained to me.  Got the course for the 107, they developed a logo for me as well as a website.  It is a bit of a leap of faith because Valley Drones you are right, I couldn't go into their HQ, also when I did Google Maps their name is not even on the building.  In doing some research through the Canadian licensing I was able to discover that the company is relatively newer.  So I will say, so far so good.

any updates regarding your experience with DronesForce? 

On 9/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, DDD said:

@DHawk I wish to thank you for your reply. I agree 100% on your statements. I'm just playing devil's advocate here and do not mean this to be negative. I'm just trying to be careful. I think my opinion is they are so new, there is literally almost nothing on them other than this topic, their own website and the three or four websites I found of other licensees. I could find no reviews, no statements about them. Even their own website has no internet chatter that I could find. Another item was, they claim they do a lot of SEO in their marketing. So I punched in Drone photography in three cities that they have websites, Memphis, Albuquerque and a Pennsylvania page, https://dukecityaerial.com/about-us/ , https://dukecityaerial.com/about-us/ , https://memphisuav.com/ , and scoured the first few pages of results and nothing came up on any of their licensees. Proper SEO would have them at least showing up on the first result page, if even at the bottom. So a little concern there.

Again nothing I am saying is to be negative, but just information. On the upside, I like who I've spoken to at the company. The business model is great for those who just want to fly and not market and do data work, the idea of being with an international team, good support, moderate investment ( I had a restaurant that cost me 100k start up) so the idea is good. The execution of the idea will be the tell tale.

I wish you the best in your endeavor. Please keep posting.

Thanks again.

I might have come off a bit too strong or defensive.  Sorry about that.  I think it is interesting the approach they are taking, might not have been the way I went, however, I am okay with how they have done it.  I personally will not be surprised if this part of their plan is to find good pilots, get them trained the way they want and then start going for the national or international branding.    I go to california next month for the training so I will let you know how that goes.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, Dave Pitman said:

You guys have to understand that this is a business PLAN and not an established organization.  Drones Force is itself just a brand new company and has very, very  little market share of any drone services as far as I've found.  They are offering exclusive areas within the Drones Force ecosystem. But that means nothing until there is actually purchase orders coming your way.

The guys that have signed up apparently think it will work and are investing accordingly.   If enough sign up, it works for Drones Force.  Hopefully it also works for those investing.

I know I am hoping it works, ha ha...however, I also am not putting all my eggs in their basket and learning as much as I can about the field and the opportunities.  I am interested in learning as much as I can.  I do have to pace myself because there is so much I don't know as well.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Late65 said:

Also wanting to know if Drones Force is legt company to partner with?

On 9/24/2020 at 2:13 PM, DHawk said:

I know I am hoping it works, ha ha...however, I also am not putting all my eggs in their basket and learning as much as I can about the field and the opportunities.  I am interested in learning as much as I can.  I do have to pace myself because there is so much I don't know as well.

How did your training go last week in Cali??? can you share more info wit us? I am considering joining Drones Force, apparently we are 1 of 2 short listed for our area, but I agree $20K is not a small chunk of change. Thanks in advance for any insights!!

16 minutes ago, Late65 said:

How did your training go last week in Cali??? can you share more info wit us? I am considering joining Drones Force, apparently we are 1 of 2 short listed for our area, but I agree $20K is not a small chunk of change. Thanks in advance for any insights!!

my training is this coming weekend and will be happy to share my experience once it happens.  However, so far they have delivered on everything.  I have not had anyone tell me different with the other people who licensed with them.  I will keep you posted.

• Like 1
On 9/22/2020 at 9:47 AM, Patricio said:

any updates regarding your experience with DronesForce? 

Patricio, Sorry I have not given you a call yet.  I will be able to tomorrow, did not want you to think I was ignoring you. 

On 9/28/2020 at 11:26 AM, Late65 said:

Also wanting to know if Drones Force is legt company to partner with?

On 9/24/2020 at 2:13 PM, DHawk said:

Just now, Late65 said:

We chose not to go with Drone Force for several reasons.

1. $20K is a bit of money to invest in a startup in today's market. Although it has been around since 2017, from my research it does not have a presence in major markets.

2. No guarantee, or should I say no minimum guarantee of missions, even to break even per month to recoup initial investments.

3. Although back office investment is what you're really paying for, web page, marketing, etc. SEO presence was not there in any of the case studies sent to me. When i researched Penn, Albuquerque, and specifically Memphis, I could not find the drones force affiliates in the first through 4th page of the search, i gave up after that as it should have been #1. What i did find was other companies like drones force in the market with a foot print taking on freelancer or for the same type of work. The only investment would be the drone, certification and my time to do the missions. All raw footage, stills would be uploaded to their cloud and that was that.

4. Finally, working with a company that is not in the USA, Canadian. Not because I'm so Merican, rather I don't know the laws in the Province of Alberta, time and money to get anything settle would be long distance and that to me was not worth it.

I will keep a watch to see if the company grows and begins to get a foot print in these markets. Maybe then may revisit partnership. Good Luck to those already invested. Cheers

Just now, Late65 said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

DronesForce.com and the company is deceased! Go to their website. I signed up with them earlier this year, paid $26000 Canadian including tax, received the equipment and the training, website ready and I was waiting to get leads and fly, but now this! Anyone has any info? I just sent and email to them on Sunday night and email came back twice, so when I checked the website I found out about the closing.  It says they paid all their licensee by Oct 31st and in the future contact the licensee directly. I am shocked! Please, anyone with the info let me know.

If this is correct I’m really sorry to hear this.  There are several people who had signed up for this that were sharing their experiences on this forum. 

It  might be a good idea for those that had paid the $25K To let others know if they returned your license fee and if they were communication with you etc..  

This really sucks, but you were willing to spend at least $25K to get your drone business off the ground, if they return the licensing fee you can still accomplish that.  It’s just going to take a little more individual effort.  

Again, sorry this has happened. Hopefully this thread is place where you can all work together to sort out what’s happened and maybe together accomplish what DroneForce couldn’t. 

1 hour ago, don king said:

I also sent an e-mail to them this morning and it was returned. They also have my money. They were supposed to be scheduling the drone training for me but I having been waiting for several weeks. 

Just notify your bank as they have the pre authorized withdrawal from your account.