Hello Guys.   I am new to the fpv droning scene. I do own other drones (DJI). I quickly realized this was a whole new ball game. I am having some setup issues I think. I was excited when my Arris C250 V2 was delivered yesterday. After unboxing i wanted to put it in the air. Went outside cranked my quad up and took off.  At this point all was well until i hit the throttle down and the drone came crashing down. Of course I broke all of my propellers  :)  which leads to my question. How do i setup my controller or quad to keep the motor running after I throttle down so it wouldn't come crashing down???/ Please help. I bet its a simple fix..    

I have an ARRIS C250 V2

controller: Radiolink AT9S

Welcome to the forum.

It really depends on which flight controller your using.  If you let go of the throttle on a DJI then the sticks got to neutral (centered) and the drone hovers.  On more advanced controllers when you chop the throttle the drone falls.  Its supposed to do that.  

Had you flown FPX multirotors before you maiden flight?

Thank you for replying. No! this is my first FPV drone to break me in. I thought I saw someone online saying how to do this but i've lost the link. This drone is an RTF so i'm not sure where to look. I guess DJI spoiled me lol. is there a general setting that i'm looking for ? my controller has options like motor cut or throttle hold.   is that any of those ?

Chances are there’s nothing wrong, when you chop the throttle it drops like a rock.  DJI takes over the throttle curve so the drone hovers at 50% even if it doesn’t. 

You could check RCGroups.com, there’s a lot of FPV flyers there that can help.  

9 hours ago, Star Gazer said:

How do i setup my controller or quad to keep the motor running after I throttle down so it wouldn't come crashing down???

The fpv quad is working perfectly.  Right now, you think you want it to act like a dji drone.  It's likely that when you get proficient with it, you will want it to react properly. Which is what it does now.  DJI has their controllers set up that way so that almost anyone can fly it. At least in an open field.  FPV quads are designed to be fully controlled by the operator every second.  Your fingers will learn where the throttle needs to be to hover.  You got this! 😉

Edited by Dave Pitman
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Dave Pitman said:

The fpv quad is working perfectly.  Right now, you think you want it to act like a dji drone.  It's likely that when you get proficient with it, you will want it to react properly. Which is what it does now.  DJI has their controllers set up that way so that almost anyone can fly it. At least in an open field.  FPV quads are designed to be fully controlled by the operator every second.  Your fingers will learn where the throttle needs to be to hover.  You got this! 😉

I appreciate that. Thank you for the support. I spent a few  hours today flying it...it was a way better situation than yesterday . A few hard landings but no crashing. I still wish i can stop the quad from falling out of sky sometimes....just for now...until i get my bearings