marouane

Powering my drone

Hello,

I am at the first steps to make my own drone. I wanted it to be controlled using rapsberry pi 3 borad (via wifi) instead of radio transmission.

I choosed APM 2.8 as an autopilot and I was wondering if there is a way to these two boards + the littlebee spring 30 A ESCs at the same.

would it be possible to power the APM using the ESCs and use a power module to power the raspberry ?

Thank you for your answers in advance

Edited by marouane

On 5/21/2020 at 6:50 AM, marouane said:

I choosed APM 2.8 as an autopilot

That's too bad. That hardware has been "end of life" for awhile now and the last version of ArduCopter that will run on it is 3.3 and the latest is 4.x. That being send APM and 3.3 should still work.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:50 AM, marouane said:

would it be possible to power the APM using the ESCs and use a power module to power the raspberry ?

If you have a 3DR type power module then it will pass battery power to the ESCs and also supply +5v to the APM but you should have a separate BEC for the raspberry pi. Some ESC have a built in BEC but I see that the ones you are using are "opto" and don't have a BEC.